Please don't look at the title of this blog and think I'm about to let you in on some big revelation because I'm not! Ha! I trust God and know His plans are good for me. Sometimes (okay, maybe most times) when I can't see how everything will come together I stress, and think and try and figure out how and why and wonder what He is doing. I trust God, but often times struggle when the going gets tough.
It's like I'm on a roller coaster:
Sunday~God has got my problem in control.
Monday~How is God going to get us out of this problem?
Tuesday~God is SO good, I know in His time this will all work out.
Wednesday~God? Where are you?
I know I can't be the only one.
God's hand was ALLLLL over the sale of our home and the purchase of our next home so I had to document it. I don't want to forget how God worked because it was amazing.
Back in February, we talked to my friend Haley, who is a realtor about selling our home. After running all the numbers we decided it would be best if we sold our house by owner. I had NO idea what I was getting into, but I jumped in head first. I got a Home For Sale sign, several Open House signs, had a lady on Etsy make me a cute flyer with details about our house, my father-in-law took photos, Chad and I made a home tour that was uploaded to YouTube, we put the house photos on Facebook and had it on Zillow. Every weekend we had open houses for months...my house was never so clean. Ha!
At the same time, Haley told me about her friend's house that was for rent but they would really love to sell it. She thought it would be the perfect house for us. Ultimately, we didn't think much about it because we were just needing to get our house sold and knew we couldn't do anything until that happened.
Day in day out we were actively trying to sell our house. We made probably 80 copies of our flyers that we used to replenish our info box that was hooked to the "Home for Sale" sign. Every Friday night and Saturday morning was spent making the house look like no one lived there...dirty clothes baskets, trash cans and dog food all went in the car every open house.
At one point during early May, I found a house I wanted to go look at. We went and looked and liked it fine. We decided to put in a contingency offer, and they didn't accept. (A blessing!)
Month after month this selling process went on until we got tired. Chad told me, "God will sell our house when He is ready. It doesn't matter what you do." I always believed God would sell our house when He had the perfect house ready for us but I still wanted to "help" Him.
I spent several hours texting over 300 realtors in Shreveport/Bossier...just trying to get the exposure we couldn't get on our own.
We knew "selling season" was coming to an end since school was starting and we just couldn't see an end to this.
We had decided to let Haley list our house. She was going to come on a Sunday afternoon to list our home. The Friday before, we had a realtor contact us and say that she wanted to bring some potential buyers by on Sunday. I told her we were planning to list our house but she asked if we could wait until after they came and looked, so we agreed.
Guess what???? THEY PUT A CONTRACT ON OUR HOUSE!!!!
It was God's perfect timing.
So, we were now on the hunt for our house.
I didn't know this:
{When Haley knew that we were getting a contract on our house, she called her friend who had the house she thought would be perfect for us. He said they had JUST rented the house for 3 years.}
I had been searching realtor.com and Haley took us to look at 4 houses I thought I would like. I fell in love with one. It was SO cute and had everything we were looking for. We took Chad back to see it and he loved it, too. We decided to put an offer in on the house.
I didn't know this:
{The same day we put an offer on the "cute" house, Haley's friend called her and asked if she thought we might be interested in seeing his house because their renter fell though. She told him that we just put an offer in on a house we really liked.}
The next day, Haley found out that the people who owned the "cute" house didn't like our offer and would probably be rejecting it.
She called and told me the news that they weren't accepting our offer and at the same time told me that we could look at her friend's house that was available. She reminded me that we had talked about it early in the year and it was similar in price to the "cute" house.
We went and looked at the house and realized it was SO much nicer than the other house that we had put an offer on. It wasn't only nicer, it had many MAJOR improvements...like a new roof, a new A/C, it was freshly painted, new fence and a new refrigerator. It also is newer, 150 square foot bigger and had a big nice driveway and is just a better house.
As of this evening, they accepted our offer.
Until the house is in our name, anything could happen but what I know is whatever happens will be perfect for our family, because that is how God works.
Until the house is in our name, anything could happen but what I know is whatever happens will be perfect for our family, because that is how God works.