Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No Love Notes...

I have written notes and put them in the boys' lunch boxes since they started taking their lunch to school.  The kids, and especially Hayden, really enjoy them.  After Christmas I took a break from putting the notes in the boys lunch box just to see if they would notice.

A week went by and no one said a word.  Halfway into the next week the boys, who sleep in the same bed and had been in bed for about 15 minutes, came walking in the living room with smiling faces liked they had put something together...

Boys:  We were just talking and we haven't gotten any notes in our lunch boxes!?!?!
Me:  Oh yeah?
Boys:  Yeah...neither of us have!?!?!
Me:  Well, I didn't put any in there because I wanted to see if you would even notice.
Boys:  Please starting putting them back in there because we love our notes.
Me:  I'll do it!

It is just a little thing I do that I'm glad to know means so much to them.

No comments: