I have SO much to say about my time in Ecuador. I'll just be taking you on a stroll through some of my pictures little by little...
She is the Face of Ecuador.
She was standing outside the church waiting to go in for Vacation Bible School. Not more than 6 years old...there is just something about her. Her cheeks are rosy...the combination of the wind, cold temperatures and being closer to the sun chaps their cheeks with almost a permanent blush. Her hat...not just for style but also keeps her little head warm. Her eyes...dark and piercing. Her jewelry...the little earrings and red necklace are very common in the Quichua area. Her face...with smudges of dirt from playing outside...or working hard in the fields.
While I was taking her picture I was saying "bonita"...which is pretty in Spanish.
Isn't she pretty?
This baby girl...she is the Face of Ecuador for me.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

No comments:
Post a Comment