Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Where Mommy?

Yesterday morning I was lying in bed and Chad was getting the kids up (yippee!) and as soon as Parker came out of his room and didn't find me he said, "Where Mommy?" You know, it is funny that I didn't really want to let anyone know where I was (except Chad, of course) but when I heard such sweet words from Parker's mouth I had to let him come into the bedroom with me. It is nice to be wanted!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes it is! It makes you appreciate the little things, and the little words that they too soon outgrow.

Regina said...

Too often it is annoying to always be the one they want, but then at times like this you realize it is much better to be wanted than not to be.

Autumn said...

I know exactly what you mean. On the rare occasion dutch gets up with the kids, I can't help I am just so happy, but if I here one of the kids in the living room crying about wanting there mommy I just can't help it, after hearing that I want them to!

Laura said...

I think all of the men need to know that we as moms need them to do this on a regular basis (you know - once a week/month/whatever). That way, we will feel appreciated more, not only from our spouse, but also our kids. It's good to know that you're not just a fixture that's there all the time, but you are a very important part of their world!!