Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Night

What a great year this was for trick-or-treating!

This year the kids were going to be Spiderman (Hayden) and Elvis (Parker). I have always wanted one of my kids to be Elvis (because I think it is funny) but we missed it with Hayden and I knew this would be our last year to do anything like this with Parker. The night started off a little iffy. Parker woke up from his nap crying and never stopped until we walked out the door to go trick-or-treating. He didn't want to wear his Elvis costume at all so I had to trick him into slipping into his jumpsuit. It was REALLY bad and even after it was on he kept crying and trying to take it off, but as soon as we went trick-or-treating and he realized that for being Elvis he got candy, he was the proudest little Elvis walking the street. He kept pointing to the eagle on his jumpsuit and saying "Elvis" as the people were passing us.

We went up and down our street and then came back home and went up to church for a little while and then over to the Mission Center. Eastwood was extremely crowded so we didn't stay very long but we ended up over at the Missions Center and let the kids play in the jumpy things for a while. We had a great time and got bunches of candy. Thanks to the people who give the good candy, we are ALL enjoying it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I wish we could have gone trick-or-treating :(. We haven't taken Dalton yet, and we missed it again this year. I did enjoy Halloween, but it does get very hectic at the Fall Festival. I tried to meet up with my friend Lisa & her son Braden after the festival, but it was 8:30pm & little Braden was already in bed (and most people were all out of candy). Maybe next year!

Michelle said...

I loved Parkers Elvis costume, and Hayden looked so hot with his big beefy muscles!