Saturday, February 17, 2007

I know I shouldn't laugh...


but this is funny! I will get to the funny part, but first a little back story...
My poor Hayden has an ear infection in his right ear that came on quite quickly Wednesday night. They brought him to me during choir and said he was complaining of his ear hurting. When we got in the van he just started crying and was in SERIOUS pain until about 1am Thursday morning when he finally fell asleep.

Thursday morning I took him to see the doctor and he got all sorts of medication plus some ear drops. For most of the last 2.5 days he has walked around with his head cocked to the side (so the eardrops don't run out). He walks around like that, talks to us like that and eats that way, too (pictured). He has been so freaked out by the eardrop thing and it has been hard on us, as well.
The ear drop experience has not been fun and I hope our doctor forgives us for not doing the whole 3-5 days worth...we did 2.5 and I feel like if we do another day or so of the drops we will have to see a chiropractor for his neck troubles.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Fortunately, we haven't had to deal with ear drops yet, just eye drops. Those aren't fun either :( I'm glad Hayden is better now, though.

Autumn said...

I laughed at this pic! I can just see him trying to watch his cartoons and everything is sideways!

Michelle said...

Okay, when you brought him by the other day, he was coloring at the table just like that..forgetting about the ear infection and drops I said, "baby, why are you coloring like that?"
Hayden: "well, I have an ear confection and mommy put drops in my ears and it hurt real bad and if I don't keep my head like this they will fall out and I'll cry and have to get more drops and I don't like the drops so this is how I color."
I didn't want to correct him because it sounded so cute, so I just kept asking him what was wrong just to hear him say confection over and over :)