Monday, December 08, 2008

Another long update...

Wow, do I have alot to update. I guess this is going to be my thing now...bi-monthly updates. I will strive to do better but this may be my reality for now. On to the update...

On the Monday before Thanksgiving the boys and I along with my step-sister, Emily and nephew, Graham, went to my Sugie's house to make treats. She loves to have us out before the holidays to make Cornflake Wreaths. My brother and I made these with Sugie when we were little and now she is passing that tradition on to the next generation. They are my favorite!!! Emily with Hayden and Graham.
We actually had a great Thanksgiving but I don't have the first picture of it. Yeah, I know. Hopefully some of our family got some great pictures.

I did go shopping on Black Friday with my friend, Jinnie. We had a great time even though it rained and can't wait to do it again next year. I got alot of deals and just had a fun time. My most favorite purchase was my new camera...YIPPEE!

My old camera was having a few problems and it was time to get a new camera. It is fun to have a new toy and I am using it alot.

Last Tuesday I got to go with my girlfriends on our Christmas outing. We had a yummy dinner at Carrabba's, went to Lifeway and then to Starbucks. It was a great time!

Candy and Autumn
Chrissy and Michelle...the festive girls in their Santa hats!
For Christmas the girls all got these. I took a picture of a few to show. I got the idea from here and it is one of her "under $5 projects", which is even better. Especially since it doesn't look like it was under $5. They loved them!
Ughhh! On the way home after my outing with my girls I was driving through downtown Shreveport and passed nearby this place. No, I don't typically take pictures of the Hustler Club but since Hayden is starting to read I knew it wouldn't be long before he would be asking me about the lap dances being $10 and this was blog-worthy. I am going to have to find a new way to go home. Fortunately, there are other ways.

Parker thinks this is the movie theater...sad, huh? Oh, if you were wondering, Little Lacy was there December 4-6. Apparently she is a 4 foot tall stripper...I hate that you missed that :)
The next day Hayden's class went on a field trip to Sci-Port Discovery Center. We always go along on their field trips and have a great time with the kids. It is so funny to see Parker with the big kids. I just make him fall in line with all the other kids in class. It is good practice for next year.
Doesn't Parker look adorable in this picture? He had a bruise on his forehead. I have no idea how he got it but I would be a millionaire if I had a dollar for everyone who asked.
We happened to be in the reptile area for feeding time. You can imagine how things worked out for his poor mouse. He walked right into it. (WARNING...Possibly graphic picture ahead)Apparently, the snake wraps around it (which literally took less than two seconds to get all wrapped up like this) and suffocates the mouse so he can eat it. It was kind of sad but hey, that is what a snake eats. To my surprise, we were in line to go into the IMAX when I saw three of the Rockettes. They were signing pictures and handing out candy canes to promote their upcoming show in Bossier City. It was so neat to see them.
After Hayden's teacher got her picture made with the Rockettes I got brave and asked for my picture to be made too. Don't they look like Amazon Women? Seriously. They had probably 4 inch heels on.I also wanted to mention...this year we started the Elf on the Shelf. We are having so much fun with this and the kids look forward to finding where "Zach" is positioned every morning.
A few mornings ago we found Zach in the plant!
On Saturday, DiGi and Granddad took Hayden to see Songs of the Season at The Strand Theatre. This is his second time going to something like this and he had a great time. He looked so handsome in his button down shirt that I made him do a photo shoot by the tree.
Grandad, Hayden and DiGi

One more thing, if you've stayed with me through this long post you deserve this. I have been checking out the blog My Shopping Addiction. This girl finds the deals on Amazon and then posts them. You have to check quite often because the deals change often, sometimes hourly. It is mostly for toys but there are other things too. Go check it out and I hope you enjoy this season of our Lord's birth as much as we will.

5 comments:

Candy said...

So glad to see an update, even though the pic of me needs to GO, YUCK! I should have been wearing my Santa hat to cover up my terrible looking hair! ha! Ya'll have been so busy. I can't believe you saw a snake kill a mouse!!! :0

Autumn said...

I am with candy that is not our good sides!! You make me feel like I need to make more of an effort to do things with my kids! Which is good I need a friend to spur me on!

The Hickmans said...

What a great post- I really enjoyed the pictures!

Leigh Ann said...

I love those little gifts you made. SOOOO cute. That would also be great for teacher's gifts. I'm going to have to remember that one!

destiny said...

I'm so glad you updated! I knew when you did, it would be a big one!
I love your craftiness!! Those are cute!