Thursday, November 20, 2008

An update...

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING! Another very long update ahead!!!! I have been busy!

Let me just tell you...remember how I was making those plates in my last update. Well I have over ninety orders (yes, you read that correctly 9-0 orders). My friend and my mom both took them to work and they were selling like crazy. It is a good thing I like doing it, huh?

On to the update...

Hayden's class during trunk or treating at school. This is a huge fundraiser for the kindergarten.
Hayden and his friend, Tyler.
Halloween night I made this recipe from one of my favorite blogs. You make a Mummy out of frozen bread dough and it turns out so cute. I won't give you all the details since you can go to Joy's and read. While you are there I highly recommend looking around. She can do all kinds of fun things with spray paint.I had to post this picture of the bread dough used to make the mummy. I have never even seen this stuff in the store before. When it was frozen and before it rose it was about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide. You can see that these two loaves are almost busting out of my 11x13 inch pan. It was hilarious to see how quickly it got big.
Hayden's cake...once again, precious. Made by our favorite local cake lady.
Mr. Earl dressed up like a clown for our party. When he was a bit younger he was a Christian clown. He made LOTS of balloon animals at Hayden's party.
My grandmother, Sugie, with her clown nose on.
A few weeks my friend, Melissa, who is a school nurse tested Hayden's vision at school and told me that he could see out of his right eye but that his left eye was 20/40. Chad took him to an optometrist and not only did we find out he couldn't see well out of his left eye but that he has amblyopia (aka lazy eye). We ended up taking him to an ophthalmologist the next week to just go over everything with him. Fortunately, it was caught when it was. After about the age of 7 there is not much room for improvement. He has to wear an eye patch 4-6 hours everyday on his good eye to strengthen his bad eye. We are hoping that when we go back in February there will be improvement.

I encourage you to get your children's eyes tested. Amblyopia affects 1 in every 40 kids but I personally know 4. The picture below is not the best of Hayden in his glasses but he looks so cute in them.
We went to the Corn Maze earlier this week with Hayden's school and it was so much fun. This was us in the middle of the maze trying to find our way out.
Parker was tired and his little legs couldn't keep up so one of the teachers aides gave him a ride.There was this big, huge thing of corn that the kids could play in so they took turns getting buried.
They also had a tractor pulling the kids on a cow train.
The boys about to watch...
pigs race. What else?
Mrs. Ivins, Tyler and Hayden on the trail ride to go pick a pumpkin.
Hayden picking his pumpkin.
Parker picking out his pumpkin. It was one of the biggest ones left. He really tried to pick it up a couple of times when I heard a couple of kids running towards him saying, "Parker we'll help!"
These kids love Parker. I think he is somewhat like every kids little brother so they all like to help him.
Just a picture of a cute little cowboy I know.
Look at what I'm making for small Thanksgiving gifts for my family. I totally stole this idea, too, from Executive Homemaker (aka Tip Junkie). Apparently I'm really good at copying things but not very original. Oh well, it will be original to the people who receive them.
Aren't they cute? It's sliced lemons, oranges and cranberries with whole cloves and a cinnamon stick tied to the outside. You pour everything into a pot to simmer and it will smell up your whole house. You can keep adding water until they loose there smell. I know my family will enjoy them.

11 comments:

Candy said...

Ya'll have been busy and doing just fun stuff!!! :)

Candy said...

sorry-should say such fun stuff!

destiny said...

Everything looks so fun! I love your mummy and the Thanksgiving goodies. SO cute!

Anonymous said...

WOW....over ninety plates to make? Is that possible for you to get that many done? That is just great that you got alot of orders. I love that mummy, it's awesome! Thanks for sharing all the fun ya'll have been having!

canscrap4u2 said...

Wow, 90 times $12 is a lot of money! So what can I order you? :-) great job on that. Nothing wrong with lifting someone elses ideas...some people can't even do that!

Leigh Ann said...

It doesn't matter that you snagging the ideas! That's why she is the Tip Junkie, right??? Lovin the Mummy and the spice jars. SO cute! I'm glad your platters have taken off!

Julie said...

Whew weee!! You've been busy!!!

I thought of you yesterday! I made your crock pot beef stroganoff. We loved it and had a ton left over!!!

Sharron said...

Wow...looks like you guys are busy. Hayden looks cute in his new glasses.

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Betty said...

Wow 90 orders! Girl you are rich. Perfect time to earn some money. Good for you.
Great pictures!
Hope you have a good thanksgiving day.

Jen said...

I'm finally trying to catch up on blogs. I'm like you Angela and just did a bunch of updating. You guys have done some fun things! I like those jars. Hayden looks SO cute in glasses! It reminds me that I need to get my boy's eyes checked.

Candy said...

Can we get an update? :) :) :)