Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update...

Time to update again!

A few weeks ago, Hayden and Parker were in our room watching TV when we heard Parker start to cry hysterically. When we found him he had a fishing bobber stuck to his lip. It has a way to push down on the top and he got it stuck to the inside of his lip. I tried to get it undone but couldn't. When Chad tried to push down on it he got even more hysterical. Chad comforted him and told him we might have to take him to the hospital while I (the more compassionate one) got my camera because, well, this is not something you see everyday.Isn't that a sad face? The cutest part of the whole situation is after Chad told Parker he might have to go the hospital Hayden burst into tears. When I asked him why he was crying he said, "I'm just so sad." They do love each other (sometimes I wonder)!
Chad ended up taking him to the Fire Department just down the street and they were able to get it out. Parker was VERY excited to get an Icee and candy at night. He is all better!
On Friday at school was kite day! We had a good time and we'll go kite flying again but probably when it is a bit more windy.

On Saturday, Parker's Moms Day Out had a float in the Redbud Parade in Vivian. We had planned to drop him off at the float and then watch but when we got to the float they needed Chad to drive the float.
Our float...we were Rock-N-For Jesus!
Since Chad was driving the float Hayden got to ride on the float and I walked beside the float with some other moms making sure everything was okay.
Our float was one of the first in the parade lineup so after the parade we were able to watch the rest of the parade.
Next...on to a redo. I found this jar at a garage sale for maybe $2. Right there at the garage sale I started seeing if I could scratch the design on the front off. Since I was able to I bought it and had the perfect idea in mind. I've had it in my storage for the last few months waiting until we had spray paint weather.
Just so you can get the feel for how outdated this was I took a close up of the Home Sweet Home part. I'm pretty sure we had something like this in our house in the late 80's.
This is the after...I scratched off the design on the front. Gave it a good washing and spray painted the top black and this became the most perfect container for my detergent. I've been wanting to fix up my laundry room and hopefully this will be just the inspration I need to get going on it.Just a picture of Parker. This is what he chose to wear to Mom's Day Out yesterday and I think he looks so cute (and cool)!

11 comments:

Candy said...

I've been missing you and I just loved this update!!! I feel caught up with your family now. :) It looks like ya'll have been doing lots of fun things! I LOVE your redo!!! :) :) :)

Candy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh Ann said...

Wow! You've had a lot going on. Poor Parker. I'm glad the FD was able to help. Plus, how cool to get to go to the FD and follow that up with an icee! The parade looks fun and I love the canister. You are so crafty!

Anonymous said...

Poor Parker! But you are right...what a great photo op...lol! That canister is too cute...I love it! I love the kite day. I have one of those every year for myself. I love to go out on Clyde Fant Parkway and fly my kites...I always have more than one! Love that picture of Parker. I love his randomness...lol! Reminds me of the other day when I was in a store. I saw a little girl that had on 2 different flip flops...one was solid white, one was pink and had Dora on it! It was too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Betty said...

Oh my gosh! poor child. these picture broke my heart just to see his sad face. I am glad that everything end up good for him.

Jen said...

Poor Parker!! Glad he's ok now!

LOVE that jar Angela! You are so crafty and creative. I keep my Oxy in a jar in the laundry room and want to start getting powder detergent just because I like the way it looks in those jars! :)

Have a great week!

destiny said...

Love your new jar!!

I gave you an award on my blog!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I totally would have gotten the camera if my son had a bobber in his lip. Too funny. I am glad he is doing okay. I would have never thought to scratch the design off. that looks great Angela!

Julie said...

Oh, your poor sweet baby!! His sad face just melted my heart!!! I'm glad you guys were able to get it out without having to go to the hospital! Your boys are just adorable!!

Cute float!! I love the colors!!

destiny said...

Hey, you!! I'm about ready for another update. I miss everyone blogging! (me included!)
We are all just so busy!
I got your comment on my business blog. I have you in line. I'll let you know when I get close. I've been working like crazy to get caught up. Thanks!!

Laura said...

What a nice update! I have missed being able to talk to you. I hope everyone is doing well now and you guys are settling down to a new school year. Tell everyone we said HI!