First, Hayden started swimming lessons at The Swim School on Friday. For those of you who think this sounds familiar, it is. He learned to swim two years ago but that summer we didn't get a chance to swim much and he really forgot what he was supposed to do. He LOVES his instructor, Justin, and isn't scared at all. That is much improvement from two years ago when he didn't even want to get in the water his first time.
Saturday the kids and I went to a few garage sales. You know, I'm going to start doing that more. The kids really love going to them and it is so cheap. I got some good things I thought I would show you.
I got this chair for $5 and it is really pretty. I should have taken it outside in the sun so you could see the color. I didn't realize how dark it photographed. Oh well. It is kind of a red-brown color and currently sitting in my bedroom. My plan is to recover the seat part. I love it!!!

I also picked up this thing for 25 cents. I think it would be cute if the bottom were spray painted white and filled with spring M & M's or painted black and filled with candy corn during Halloween.

I took this picture of the boys the other day when they were playing outside.

I also wanted to show you Hayden's new hair. He has been wanting his hair to stick up in the front so when we went to get his hair cut the other day he told the lady what he wanted. Here is the final product...

Lastly, I wanted to tell you about The Exterminator. It is a show on A&E about a pest control company that is located in our area. This Wednesday at 9:30pm, set your DVR because our neighbors are going to be on the show. They had a possum in their wall who had babies.

Hope all is well!
8 comments:
I love your new chair. I have been wanting a small chair in my bedroom to sit in while we put shoes,pants on. I need to hit up some garage sales!!
I can't wait to see your finished product.
BTW...I took swim lessons when I was 25 and I consider myself a failure. I can only swim on my back!!
I'm so glad that Hayden likes swimming lessons! That guy also taught Geoffrey and they really liked him as well. :)
Can't wait to see your final chair and I truly love the candle holder. $25 can't beat that.
Your kids are getting so big and both are really handsome you must be a proud Mommy
I've missed you! You are scoring some GREAT finds on your garage sale adventures! Hayden's hair is super cute. He is so GQ!
I've been considering taking my boys to the swim school. They both have had lessons and are 'pretty' good swimmers, but I think they need to go here for a good refresher. I'm going to check into it.
Good finds at the yard sales!
Oh I forgot to add, I need to check out that show! Looks crazy! Are they right here in this part of LA? I need to ask my aunt about it...my aunt and uncle and cousins own Anti-Pest in Shreveport...I wonder if they would know. It looks funny!
Hey I love the garage sale finds! The shape and look of that chair is great,once you cover the seat it will look like those chairs at world market that or like $75 each. If you want a garage sale partner call me we can meat up. The kids or really growing, and they look identical!
I have loved catching up on all of your posts!! Looks like you guys have been busy and having fun!
My Word on Wednesday posts are back- I'm so excited about sharing God's Word on my blog again! =)
Post a Comment