I have one, very special great aunt left and she is my sweet Aunt Ola. Aunt Ola and her daughter, Lola, live in a cute little house in West Monroe. We went to visit Aunt Ola and Lola on Saturday and had the most wonderful time. This is my Aunt Ola at the door waiting on us to come in the house...
This is my cousin, Lola. She is SUCH a neat lady and loves the Lord. Oh, and she is also VERY cool and has a Facebook page! I took this picture because I told her I was tired of looking at the silhouette of a man :)
These fine people are Junior and Ginger. Junior is my cousin, Lola's brother, and Ginger is his wife. They came over on Saturday and we loved visiting with them. Ginger is retiring from being a teacher as of this Tuesday and her and Junior will celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary the same day.
Me and my Great-Aunt Ola. She is great for many reasons but one of the special things about her is that she is 96 and a half years old. She is my grandfather's sister and looks a lot like my grandfather so she is extra-special to me!
My boys were a little nervous (You'll see why in an upcoming post) but excited when they heard there was a 4-wheeler they could ride. Junior assured them they would be safe on this one. I'm thinking he was right...
They loved riding this thing all over the front yard. It was the perfect speed for them!
My kids LOVED Junior and I think the feelings might have been mutual. He and Ginger have two grown boys that are almost the same distance apart as Hayden and Parker so he is used to rowdy boys.
OUTTAKES:
My kids really enjoy playing with my camera. Me? Not so much. It is, however, cute to look at some of the things they like to take pictures of. Lola, Aunt Ola, Junior and Ginger...I think you will appreciate these:
Some of our feast...
The top of Junior's head. Never trust a kid with a camera (or a girl with a blog)...
A self-portrait...
Oh, Ginger and Lola...remember the water on the floor in the bedroom. Hayden caught this picture. Kind of looks like it was on purpose, huh? Either way it is a cool picture that caught the spill mid-stream.
The guys...solving the world's problems...
Thank you for having us Aunt Ola and Lola! We love you all so much!














1 comment:
Sweet!! Great pictures of your family! Looks like some wonderful memories were made!
Post a Comment