After the I-Leap/Leap tests this spring I told the boys that I would let them skip school one day for a Fun Day. We could do whatever each kid decided for their special day and I would take them out of school one at a time.
The boys decided to "rock-paper-scissors" to find out who would get to have their Fun Day first. They did and Parker won and would get to go first. I was nicely surprised when Hayden acted so well about not getting to go first.
As we prepared for Parker's Fun Day, Hayden continued to be mature, encouraging and excited for Parker. The morning of Parker's Fun Day, I took Hayden to school and as we were on our way, I told him how proud I was of him for being so mature about having to go to school when Parker was having a Fun Day and how proud I was of him. He listened for a little while and finally said...
"Yeah, well, I'm flaming on the inside!"
I couldn't stop laughing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment