Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Old" Friends

When you are a Stay-at-Home Mom, friends are SO important.  I was very blessed that there were many other moms that stayed at home with their babies around the same time I had Hayden.  We all went to church together and were new moms.  We would get together once a week for play dates and I'm pretty sure it was as much a play date for the moms as it was the kids.

In our little group, Jennifer had the first baby.  I didn't really know her before we got pregnant, and even then didn't know her well until after Lanie was born.  My very first memory of Jennifer is standing in Eastwood Baptist and her telling me "brush your teeth before breakfast so you don't throw it all up."  Jennifer is a friend I don't have to see all the time but we just jump right into where we left off.  She now has 4 kids and I'm so thankful to say we are still friends.

I first met Michelle when one of our church member gave Michelle and her husband, Ken, a baby shower gift to pass along to me since we both lived on the same street. (Shout out to Cherry Oak Lane!)  One evening, they came by to bring the gift and we became fast friends.  Not long after, Michelle gave birth to Alli and we forced her and Hayden to be friends.  Some of my sweetest memories from Hayden being little involve Michelle and Alli and us living on the same street.  Michelle now has 3 kids and, while lots of things have changed, our friendship hasn't.

We planned a little "play date" for the kids (ahem) and went to eat at Johnny's, went bowling and then watched a movie.

Lanie, Alli & Hayden (all 10 years old)

Just like always, us moms had a great time visiting.  That's Jennifer's youngest, Michael, in the picture with us.

I've always been blessed with such great friends.  I'm so thankful!

No comments: