Saturday, October 28, 2006

Four years ago tonight...

I was anticipating the birth of my baby boy, Hayden. We went out to eat with my mom and Chad's step-mom, Eloise at Outback for one final meal before I had the baby (and, didn't know so much about it at the time, but the last peaceful meal we would have for quite a while). We came home and took the final pictures of Hayden in my belly just before heading off to be at the hospital before 10pm. After visiting with Michael and Laura, who were in the hospital for high blood pressure during her pregnancy with Dalton (right, Laura?) we went to our room to settle in. We had probably an hour and a half of questions, IVs and enemas and finally went to sleep somewhere around midnight.

After dilating to 3cm, having my epidural, Hayden's heart rate dropping to around 30 and a C-section that produced a baby who had the cord wrapped around his neck, my little Hayden was born at 12:26 in the afternoon.

That little guy came into our home and has changed us forever. Such a spirit, he has. My heart just fills with pride when I think that the Lord gave us the perfect kid...perfect kid, for us, that is. Times are not always easy and I know that we are bound to go through many struggles but I know that the Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he gave us Hayden. I often tell Hayden, "Out of all the little boys on the earth, God knew I needed you." I know he doesn't understand and I don't even understand sometimes, but I thank God often for the children he has blessed me with. My life would be quiet, clean and orderly without them...and I am not much for order.

So, because birthdays are always special and I think Hayden is too...

Happy Birthday Hayden! We love you bunches!



4 comments:

Michelle said...

Well Angela, that one there almost brought tears to my eyes, but I held 'em in, as all big girls should do when reading emotional blogs.

Laura said...

I am about to cry. That is really, really sweet. I had almost forgotten that I was in the hospital when you guys came in - and it was high blood pressure. I remember the next day, when you were in labor, I was supposed to be staying in my bed, but Michael kept leaving to check on your progress. I was so jealous because I wanted to get out of my room and celebrate with you guys. That was such a wonderful experience, and I'm so glad you wrote about it. Happy Birthday, Hayden!!

Regina said...

I love hearing birth stories! Everyone's is so different. It's weird that I didn't even know you back then.

I asked Sean when I picked him up after chuch if he told Haden happy birthday. He said, "I tried, but all the other kids were talking, so I got confused."

Michelle said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you all what I was doing when Ang had Hayden...and Eloise I know you're reading this. I show up all excited and supportive, its easy to show up to places when the only kid you have is in your belly :) Anyway, Angela and I didn't know eachother all that well, but I thought well enough to make it in the room without a glance...thats right, Eloise gave me a glance, as in, "I don't know you, and she's drugged up and about to be sliced open, I don't think I want you in here." <---Yep, that was the message I got. :) I was a bit prego and a little sensitive so I guess now that its out in the open its time to let it go...Eloise, I forgive you! lol :) Just kidding