Well, if you are reading this that means you still care so I am rewarding you with lots of pictures, several updates and a recipe! Yummmm!
At the end of September, Hayden got to dress up like Johnny Appleseed along with his classmates. He was so excited telling me everything he needed to wear.
I made this sack for Hayden's apple seeds. Unfortunately, since I spent time making his seed sack I didn't have time to dig through an apple and get apple seeds. He was the only kid at school with sunflower seeds. Oh, well, gave him a chance to use his imagination!
I helped at Hayden's school that day. I walked in right when Hayden was giving clues for his surprise blue object. Each week while they were learning how to spell their colors the teacher sent home a bag and they had to put an object of the color they were learning in the bag and give three clues so their classmates could guess what was in the bag. He was wearing a pot on his head to be like Johnny Appleseed.
At the beginning of October, we had a rummage sale at the church. These are some of the ladies that helped. I love doing this kind of thing! We raised right at $2,000 for our youth and children.
The same day as the garage sale we had a meeting for all the people going on our cruise in January. Oh, wait, did I tell you about that? Ooh, I'm really excited. I'll give more details on that later but we are going with some people from our church and then some other friends. We had a meeting just to get together and talk about who is riding with who and EAT, of course! My mom gave me this recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake. It is good and easy.
2 cans crescent rolls2 8oz. pkg. cream cheese (low-fat fine)
1 1/2 cups sugar (divided-keep out 3 Tbsp.)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch pan with Pam. Spread 1 can crescent rolls into bottom of pan. Mix cream, sugar and vanilla and spread on crescent rolls. Spread 2nd can crescent rolls on top of mixture (it may not completely cover cream cheese mixture). Mix together cinnamon and 3 Tbsp. sugar and sprinkle over top. Pour melted butter over top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
This past weekend Chad and I went to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Oh, wow, I love it up there. It is just beautiful! We got deep tissue massages (and they were THE BEST), saw a movie, ate out EVERY meal, went up to the mountain tower and walked along the main street. Our condominium that we stayed in overlooked Lake Hamilton. This was the only picture I took over the weekend. This was us coming down from the Mountain Tower
I'll show you another little project I worked on this week. I bought this lamp for $4.50 from Wal-Mart on clearance. I should have bought a few of them at that great price. I knew I wanted it for my living room but it was a bit too vanilla-y for my tastes.
I used FolkArt Antiquing Medium and made the lamp look a little bit darker and more aged. I really love it now!
Awww, my poor Parker. I took this picture to show the doctor. My baby is allergic to ant bites. Check out that ankle. It usually stays swollen 3 days or so. I have an appointment to see what we would need to do to get an Epi-Pen. I would hate to see what a wasp sting might do to him. On a side note, my ankles looked just like this when I was pregnant with him.
My most favorite thing I wanted to show you...my bathroom redo! Check out the HORRIBLE color in our guest bathroom/boys bathroom. I would love to say that when we moved in it was like that but, no, I did that. On purpose. Don't ask what I was thinking but, know this, I have hated it for nearly a year now.
For my birthday my mom gave me a giftcard to Lowes where i was able to get the primer and light blue paint for the bathroom. I LOVE it and there aren't even many accesories in there yet.
As you can see, I have the deep red rug and hand towel in there, which I like but I plan to add some dark blues, too. The shower has one of those sliding doors over it but I plan to get a shower curtain to give it some more color. I also have some white shelves that I hope can go in there. We'll see but so far I like it!
My inspiration for the room...the cup and toothbrush holder. Funny enough the towel that went with that set was the same inspiration for the green room. I'll take more pictures when I get it all together (which could be a few months, seriously :)).
This weekend Chad's step-mom, Eloise, my mom, the boys and myself are going to Dallas for the weekend. We're not doing too much just letting the kids do a few things and taking them to the movies. They are most excited about staying in the hotel.Next week project is to paint my kitchen. It is going to be a coffee color. I'll take before and after pictures and be sure to share them. If you still here with me...thanks for catching up! Hopefully, I'll be blogging more!

11 comments:
I still care! I'm still here. LOL! I'm so impressed with your lamp, and the bathroom looks fantastic.
Can't believe you were in Hot Springs. That's just about 40 minutes from me!
Thanks for the update!!!!! Its about time! :)
I loved dressing E.K. up like Johnny Appleseed! It was so much fun! Hayden looked cute and I love your seed sack!
I love the lamp and the bathroom--can't wait to see the kitchen!
Poor Parker! That is horrible! I hope you find some answers at the dr.
Yay!! It's good to hear from you again! I love the lamp and bathroom re-do! The blue color is beautiful! I can't wait to see your kitchen AND hear more about your cruise! See, we're waiting for more info, so you HAVE to keep blogging! I can't say anything though, because I took a 2-month break!
Glad you are back! Missed you!
Thank you for the update! :) I hope ya'll have fun this weekend! :)
Love the bathroom! You picked the perfect blue!!!
I am so glad you are back. I was beginning to wonder...
I love the new bathroom color. Definitely blue over the green. The colors of the toothbrush holder are great together and I can't wait to see the finished product. I love the deep red with the light blue.
I'm so glad you updated! Hayden looked so cute all dressed up! That is so neat ya'll are all going on a cruise together! What fun!
My friend made that recipe a few years ago and OH MY GOODNESS it is soooo good! I can't make it too much or I eat it all, ha! That's awesome that you guys raised so much money in your rummage sale!
Looks like you have been busy. The boys are growing!
like the new bathroom, fabulous that you and Chad take some time for both of you, love the seeds bag, you definetly are a handy Mom!
I have missed you Angela! Glad you are updating and glad that I'm finally catching up. It's such a busy time of year. Hayden looks so precious in his JA outfit! Can you believe that this mom forgot about it?!
I love your redo of the lamp...you are so crafty and resourceful. Love the new bathroom color too.
Oh and the picture of you and Chad is SO good. I love your hair longer!
Post a Comment