Monday night Chad was out of town and Hayden was the king of the house. He wore Chad's robe and made him some special kings hat. We layed around and took it easy that evening. I let the kids sleep with me that night...HUGE MISTAKE...Hayden is a horrible bed partner. I had feet in my ribs most of the night. I probably won't be doing that very often.
Tuesday my friend, Jinnie, came over and we crafted all day long. She brought her little girl, Piper, and she was so good we hardly even knew she was here. We did several things but I'll only show what I'm NOT giving to you who read my blog.I'm making these for gifts for the kids Sunday school teachers and church staff. It is a 9x9 inch plate that I etched the last name on the bottom and then put a fleur de lis at the top. I've done some with crosses, too. I'm putting cookies on them, wrapping some cellophane around them and tying a pretty ribbon. Ta-da! I'm actually selling them, too. I have them in the teachers lounge at school so we'll see if any sell. It's 1 for $12, 2 for $22 or 3 for $30. If you are interested I can mail them or if you are local I can deliver.
When Parker got home from Mom's Day Out that day Piper was SO happy. They are crazy about each other. You should have seen him outside swinging her. It was so cute!
Wednesday morning was Hayden's birthday and it was a very busy day for us, too. I got a few pictures of the 6 year old before school. He is such a cutie...
and funny...
That day we went to the Louisiana State Fair with Hayden's school. I haven't been in years because it is not in the best neighborhood and I was really nervous about taking my kids but we had THE BEST time! For you local girls, I highly recommend taking your kiddos during the day. It is free to get in and $10 for an all-you-can-ride pass from 10am-3pm.This is Hayden with his friends Keegan and Jalen. They all wore blue shirts over their real shirts to help us know which kids were ours. What a good idea because there were LOTS of school kids there!
There is a free zoo once you get in the fair. You can feed the llamas, goats, lambs and some other things. There are also tigers, elephants and Parker's favorite...the giraffe. God did good when he made that animal. It is so unique and beautiful. The kids fed him carrots and he was loving them.
Unfortunately, this little beauty (sound like crocodile hunter, don't I?) got one of the kids paper cups that had the food for the goats in it. It was like it was in slow motion. We all saw the giraffe grab the cup, one of the adults tried to grab it out of it's mouth while his long neck was going up, he chewed on the cup a few times while all the adults were saying no, no, no, then it was gone and everyone sighed...ohhhhhhhh!!!
They also have a free circus most every day and it was great. They had a girl who could do all sorts of crazy things with hoola-hoops, people doing flips on poles, a crazy clown, the motorcycles in the steel cage and a tightrope walker (that was making me a nervous wreck). Here he is:
My mom met us at the fair in time for the circus and after that I checked Hayden out of school and we took the kids to ride rides. The boys had no fear about riding anything. I see lots of roller coasters in there future!
My mom got an arm band and rode with them. I get motion sickness. Me and amusement park rides don't get along well.
This was on a roller coaster. I know Mom and Parker are not in focus but I can't even believe I got this picture.
There favorite thing was the bumper cars. They each did this twice. Something about boys running into people with cars is just perfect!
Mommy taking pictures. I'm not sure why he looks so confused? I have three pictures that are similar to this and he looks similar in all of them. Maybe he was confused by me taking so many pictures.
Both kids fell asleep on our ride home but Parker woke up before I could get his picture. Here is Hayden worn out from our day of fun. It wasn't over yet!!!!
We had Trunk-or-Treat that night at church. We had a great time and had lot of people come by.
Wouldn't you want to go to church with these people???
Hayden really liked passing out candy to all of the kids.
Parker, Hayden and their friend Braden.
We are going Trick-or-Treating tonight to our church members houses. Tomorrow is Hayden's birthday party and we are having a clown! We are excited!
Hope you all are having a good week!
Hope you all are having a good week!





8 comments:
Oh my gosh...so much to comment on!! I love your new craft!!! I need to order some! Let me decide what I want on them and I'll get back with you! They are so cute!!
I'm glad you have had such a great week. Your boys are so cute!! What a great grandma to ride all the rides!!
We had a busy weekend too. I had not idea the week of halloween could be so busy.
What fabulous pictures Angela! Your boys are so handsome. I LOVE the photo of you and Parker! I want one of those platters with our name on it! You are just so talented.
Wow, I love all of the pics, you know I'm all about a blog with few words and tons of pics ;) The fair photos looked great, we are going Thurs afternoon, and I love the king pic, cute! The witch was a bit freaky, did she ride in on her scooter? :) I loved Trunk or Treating when I was a kid, I haven't seen one in a long time. We had fun at the party!
Those platters are so pretty! What a great gift idea. You are so crafty!
The boys look cute in their costumes.
Whew! Y'all have been busy! I love going to the fair, too. And you're right, it's much better in the day time! Hope the party went well!
Hey Angela! I just wanted to say thanks for the sweet comment about my purse! I really appreciate it. And you're right, it did all start with a little class on how to make a bath wrap. Oh, and I absolutely adore the link you left me with all the do-it-your-selfers. I've loved looking through the links and I'm still trying to decide if I wanna participate. I don't think it's too late since some of the links are from today. You should put something of yours in there too! Let me know if you do!
I love the plate! We should pic a saturday and have a craft day. Looks like fun! I love the pic of Hayden with his toothless smile. We loved the fair this year to. The kids were so exhausted by the time we finished everything we were like carrying the kids out! Great post!
Post a Comment