The picture on our Christmas card...
Have I told you how much I love doing field trips with Hayden's class? We get to do some fun things! The week before school got out we went to the Dollar Tree to shop for someone in the class (they drew names). Then went to the Gingerbread House in Haughton (local girls I had to drive by my old house). That is the neatest place. They make BEAUTIFUL gingerbread houses that sell for $50 to $100 and then send them all over the world. Afterwards, we went to the mall to see Santa and eat at the food court. We had a fun time! I checked Hayden out of "school" after we were done with all of this and we shopped around the mall for a few Christmas gifts for Chad and then got some cookies at the Cookie Company. It was a GREAT time!
The finished product...
On Parker's last day of Mom's Day Out before Christmas we went to his school and got to make gingerbread houses with Parker. Then the kids had a Christmas program and then lunch. It was nice. Here are a few pictures...
Parker's Gingerbread Houses with a little help from Mom and Dad...
Have I told you how much I love doing field trips with Hayden's class? We get to do some fun things! The week before school got out we went to the Dollar Tree to shop for someone in the class (they drew names). Then went to the Gingerbread House in Haughton (local girls I had to drive by my old house). That is the neatest place. They make BEAUTIFUL gingerbread houses that sell for $50 to $100 and then send them all over the world. Afterwards, we went to the mall to see Santa and eat at the food court. We had a fun time! I checked Hayden out of "school" after we were done with all of this and we shopped around the mall for a few Christmas gifts for Chad and then got some cookies at the Cookie Company. It was a GREAT time!
The finished product...
On Parker's last day of Mom's Day Out before Christmas we went to his school and got to make gingerbread houses with Parker. Then the kids had a Christmas program and then lunch. It was nice. Here are a few pictures...
Parker's Gingerbread Houses with a little help from Mom and Dad...
Parker and Me
Picture of our Christmas tree and with the gifts underneath and Santa stuff set out. They typically get only one or two things from Santa (unwrapped) plus their stocking and then the rest are from us. Oh, by the way, my big window will have curtains on it in the near future. As in near future, I mean, the next six months :). I've got my curtain rod and I just need to find the right curtains.
I love the pictures when the kids first come in the room to see what Santa brought. They look all sleepy and poor Parker, his eyes are VERY sensitive to light so he probably couldn't see a thing.
Hayden showing his robe. He LOVES that thing and wears it every day. He thinks it is just like daddy's robe. So sweet!
Picture of our Christmas tree and with the gifts underneath and Santa stuff set out. They typically get only one or two things from Santa (unwrapped) plus their stocking and then the rest are from us. Oh, by the way, my big window will have curtains on it in the near future. As in near future, I mean, the next six months :). I've got my curtain rod and I just need to find the right curtains.
I love the pictures when the kids first come in the room to see what Santa brought. They look all sleepy and poor Parker, his eyes are VERY sensitive to light so he probably couldn't see a thing.
Hayden showing his robe. He LOVES that thing and wears it every day. He thinks it is just like daddy's robe. So sweet!
Parker stripped off his pj's that he woke up in and put on his new pj's, new slippers and decided to open his new umbrella.
Santa also brought Hayden a basketball goal, which he is LOVING! Santa just set out the basketball and he was so excited just to have that but when we went outside to "bounce the basketball" he was really excited to see the goal, too. He also got an MP3 player, too. He loves that thing and we were able to put great Christian music on there for him (okay, a little Elvis, too). You know the good stuff!
This picture was taken a few days after Christmas. Hayden wanted a "basketball shirt" so he took just a plain white undershirt and cut the sleeves off then drew the number 1 on it and wrote his name like a jersey. He also made one for Parker, too. I thought it was cute! I just noticed that Hayden has his patch on in this picture. He really is NOT LIKING doing the whole patch thing. He will not go anywhere with it and I'm really surprised he let me take his picture while wearing it. We go back to the doctor next month and I pray there has been some improvement in him "bad" eye. It would be great if he only had to wear the patch for an hour or so a day.
Let me tell you about our cruise! We are leaving not this Sunday but the next Sunday (the 18th). We are going with 10 other friends. We are really looking forward to a getaway right here in the middle of winter. We are sailing out of Galveston and stopping in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. The boys are staying at our house with Chad's mom with help from all of our parents throughout the week. We have promised the boys that next year, 2010, we'll be taking the boys on a cruise. They are so excited! I'm guessing they don't realize how far away that is but, you know, time will fly.Our home January 18-25...Voyager of the Seas.
Hayden is back in school as of this morning and, while he wasn't really excited about going, he'll get back into the groove. Parker and I are hanging out at home lots this week. Happy New Year!
Hayden is back in school as of this morning and, while he wasn't really excited about going, he'll get back into the groove. Parker and I are hanging out at home lots this week. Happy New Year!
6 comments:
Wow! I am really impressed by the gingerbread houses! They looked great! I love the christmas card to. I am glad you had a great christmas!
Loved the update and all of the photos! I'm glad to hear you got Hayden the basketball goal, they are going to LOVE that thing, and great for excercise too :)
I'm glad ya'll had a good Christmas!!! :) Glad to see an update. :)
So good to get an update Angela and hear that you all have a great Christmas!
I'm so happy to get an update!! I love all the pictures of your Christmas activities.
You are going to have so much fun on your cruise!! I want to do that one day! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Happy New Year!
Your boys are so cute! They look so happy with all their treasures from Santa! Glad you had a great Christmas and SO jealous of your future home for a week! You are a lucky girl!
Post a Comment