We had a great time on our cruise! I am always so relaxed when I come back from cruising. It is really peaceful for me to be on the sea...on a big ship. Put me on a small boat and I wouldn't be peaceful :). I read a WHOLE book in the first 5 days on the ship. I'm usually doing good to get two or three pages read a day. I'm reading the Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley and if you like christian fiction this is great.
I did not take many pictures at all. You know we took hundreds of pictures the last time we cruised and I really just wanted to enjoy the cruise without having to view it behind a camera. I'll show you the best of what we have.Our first stop was Cozumel and Chad and one of our other friends went to the Mayan Ruins. Chad is a history buff so this stuff is right up his alley.
This is me and my best friend, Jinnie, of (gasp!) twenty years. We became best friends in the womb :)...ha!

This is me and my best friend, Jinnie, of (gasp!) twenty years. We became best friends in the womb :)...ha!
The next day we stopped at Grand Cayman. We didn't have any excursions planned through the cruise line so we just got off the ship and took a taxi to Seven Mile Beach. The picture below doesn't show the beauty of the beach. We had a huge rain cloud over us when we took this picture but it went away quickly and the weather was nice. This is Chad and Jon (Jinnie's husband) on the tender to Grand Cayman.
Speaking of weather, the weather was sooooo nice every day except when we docked at our next port in Jamaica...it was cloudy and raining most of the day. We ended up not doing anything in Jamaica and just stayed on the ship. Every other day was really nice...cool air (maybe highs in the seventies) and then the Caribbean sun would come out and warm everything up. It was PERFECT!
Me and my guy...

Speaking of weather, the weather was sooooo nice every day except when we docked at our next port in Jamaica...it was cloudy and raining most of the day. We ended up not doing anything in Jamaica and just stayed on the ship. Every other day was really nice...cool air (maybe highs in the seventies) and then the Caribbean sun would come out and warm everything up. It was PERFECT!Me and my guy...
Sunset...
Just in case you were wondering...this is what an inside stateroom (fancy way for saying closet) looks like on a Royal Caribbean ship. No, really...it is not bad at all and there is plenty of room for the time spent in there. Believe it or not that is a king sized bed and there is a two seater couch, a coffee table and a vanity. There are all kinds of hidden places for storage. We love having an inside cabin because we can take an afternoon nap and it is just as dark as if it were midnight. My most favorite feature of the cabin is there is a light switch right by the bed that controls all of the lights. I've got to get me one of those. Oh, and notice our monkey towel animals that cruise ships are famous for (and excuse my swimsuits).
Chad and I on formal night...
This was our last night with Venkat and Roman, our Assistant Waiter and Waiter. We had a great time and learned alot from Venkat about life as a cruise ship worker. Did you know they only get paid $50 a month from the cruiseline and after that rely on tips. They work 6 month contracts and get NO DAYS OFF. Can you imagine doing that? I can't.Venkat had a great sense of humor as you can tell from the Charlie's Angel pose. They took very good care of us.

I'm off to visit blogs. Thanks for checking in!
5 comments:
Great pics. Looks like you guys had a really good time. You look VERY pretty with your longer hair.
I love the sunset...that is an awesome picture! That looks just like the room we stayed in on our cruise! I also loved being in one of the inside cabins. I'm so glad ya'll had a great time!
So glad you had a good time. You look fantastic, by the way. My family took a trip to the Mayan ruins one summer when I was a teenager and it was really, really neat. Derek and I also went to some of those same ports you mentioned. Cruises are SO much fun! You really just can't beat them.
Your hair is getting so long!!! You look beautiful Angela!!
The Redemption Series is one of my favorites. Once you start the first one, you'll never stop!!
I love cruises! We are going on one for free in Sept (in exchange for me teaching craft classes). Oh and Karen Kingsbury (her real name is Karen Russell) lives in vancouver, wa where we used to live. her daughter was in our youth group. Amazing family. I have read a lot of her stuff too. It is weird because the character she uses are real people I know...anyway.
Post a Comment