On Friday we learned that Hayden was one of two kindergartners picked from his school to participate in Science Academy at Sci-Port Discovery Center. We are really excited about this opportunity!
Also, if you are trying to get your kid to ride a bike, skip the training wheels and get this Balance Buddy...
Hayden has had a bike for about a year now but he has not been too interested in trying to learn. We had training wheels on it and then we took them off this past summer so he could learn to ride a bike. He is a cautious kid and was nervous about riding the bike by himself AND it was so hard on Chad and I to be hunched over trying to help him stay upright. So when I saw this thing today I knew it would be worth the $11.
Hayden has had a bike for about a year now but he has not been too interested in trying to learn. We had training wheels on it and then we took them off this past summer so he could learn to ride a bike. He is a cautious kid and was nervous about riding the bike by himself AND it was so hard on Chad and I to be hunched over trying to help him stay upright. So when I saw this thing today I knew it would be worth the $11.I kid you not, within 10 minutes that kid was riding the bike completely by himself. It was so easy for me, too, because I could just walk quickly behind him while holding on to the Balance Buddy.
This is what the Buddy looks like on his bike (it just hooks on where the training wheels went). His bike looks so tiny in this picture. That kid is really growing tall.
I'm so proud of my guy and he is so proud of himself, too!
I also wanted to include a picture of Parker because he came to me with underwear on his head tonight and you just can't really pass up a picture of that :).
This is what the Buddy looks like on his bike (it just hooks on where the training wheels went). His bike looks so tiny in this picture. That kid is really growing tall.
I'm so proud of my guy and he is so proud of himself, too!I also wanted to include a picture of Parker because he came to me with underwear on his head tonight and you just can't really pass up a picture of that :).

7 comments:
I am so excited for hayden that is a really great oppurtunity, and thanks for the website I am going to show it to dutch!
Way to go Hayden!!!! That is something to be really proud of.
I think you should show the last picture of Parker on the slide show at his wedding!!!! :)
That Balance Buddy is genious! I know you are proud of Hayden! Bike riding is a big milestone!
where do we find balance buddy? That would be good for Ethan.
I saw the website, but I was wondering where you found it for $11!! You are such a great bargain shopper!
Destiny, I actually got mine at Walmart. My Walmart (it is a little Walmart-not the Supercenter) always has a ton of stuff on clearance.
Yep, it would be great for Ethan!
Hey, I still wanna borrow that bike buddy. Can you add it to the list of things to bring to my house when you come for our girls weekend?? BTW, Piper is cracking up and trying to explain to Jon how Parker looks with his undies on his head! Too, funny!
Post a Comment