Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Share in Love

Today after the boys ate their Lunchables, I let Hayden eat his Skittles that came with them. I had put Parker to bed for naptime and decided I would eat his Skittles. In a little while, Hayden came out of our bedroom from finishing his Skittles and watching TV and saw me eating Skittles. He said, "Mommy can I have some?" I said, "No, these are mine and you have already had yours." He walked away but then came back to me with, "Ms. Stephanie says we are supposed to share in love." I just died laughing. I made him repeat it and then, of course, I shared in love.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay, I'm here commenting not because I was asked to or anything, but simply because I want to:) Do you ever find yourself sneaking off to remote places in the house just to enjoy something special to yourself without being asked to share it? I feel so sneaky and selfish, but c'mon we too need things just for us, even if it was Skittles stolen from our 2 year olds lunchable, "Thou shall not steal."

Laura said...

Confession - still to this day, Michael will go get a Snickers bar or ice cream or popcorn or whatever AFTER the kids have gone to bed for us to eat. If Dalton gets out of bed after we have started eating our goodies, we will both try to hide whatever it is we have so that he won't say, "I want some." Otherwise, we would have to send him to bed crying (HA! HA!). We are a very selfish couple when it comes to sharing our sweets!!