Let me preface this post by saying we had a traumatic experience last year when Hayden went under water and it was extremely scary for all of us. That being said, we knew it was time for...

SWIMMING LESSONS!
Since our little accident, Hayden has been afraid of all water, but to be honest he has never really even liked water in his face during bath time so this stems back to the womb, I guess :). Today I was nervous because I know his water issues, but since I was paying money and we were timed, I wanted to get the most for our money.
This is what a 30 minute session looked like for us...
Miss Alicia: Do you want to come in the water with me?
Hayden got right in but after a minute...
Hayden: I don't want to get in the water (as he is in the water)
Miss Alicia: But you are already in the water.
Miss Alicia: But you are already in the water.
Hayden: I don't want to get in the water
Miss Alicia: But, Hayden, you are already in the water.
Hayden: I want to get out.
The girl in black: Don't you want to learn to swim?
Hayden: No, I want my Mommy.
Me: Here I am Hayden, see, Mommy's taking your picture.
Then, I ended up putting my feet in the water and getting him to come sit beside me and...

he started splashing and Miss Alicia started splashing back and he didn't mind. Then she was letting him play with this rocket thing and she would let him throw it and she would go get it. Then she would make him get in the swimming pool (on the first step to get it), then she would make him stand on the next step and the next thing I knew...

he started splashing and Miss Alicia started splashing back and he didn't mind. Then she was letting him play with this rocket thing and she would let him throw it and she would go get it. Then she would make him get in the swimming pool (on the first step to get it), then she would make him stand on the next step and the next thing I knew...

he was holding on to her and they were in the middle of the swimming pool blowing bubbles.
I was so proud of that kid! He might as well have won an Olympic Medal...he did so good! You know, I don't know if he will learn to swim this summer but I just want him not to be afraid of the water so, if we can even accomplish that, I will be happy!
I look forward to our next time going to swimming lessons and I know he does, too.


3 comments:
Hey Angela! Yes, that is the same teacher that Ethan had. I'm so glad that Hayden had fun and did so well!!
I love all your blogs. Jimmy said you could write a book!
I'm glad I wasn't there when the fish face came out! You know I'm scared of that thing :) Well good for him, I love his face in the last picture...its like he's thinking "If I knew this lady better I'd kick her in the tummy for taking me out this far"
Post a Comment