Sunday, September 07, 2008

Parker's 4th Birthday...

Saturday we had Parker's 4th birthday party. I CAN NOT believe my baby is 4 years old?!?!?!

We had a Spiderman birthday party and this was special because we had the real Spiderman (shhhh!) come to our house for Parker's party. This was Spiderman coming out of our house to surprise the kids.
Here Spiderman is talking to Parker.
Spiderman brought silly string and played with the kids in the backyard.Spiderman let the kids get him with the silly string, too.This is some of the kids, but not all. We had a few who either weren't interested in Spiderman or were scared of him so they opted out of the picture. Parker with his cake! CH-EEEEEEEE-SE...can't you see that fake smile? Hey at least he is looking at the camera.Parker and I at his birthday party. I'm so thankful for this picture. I'm not in many pictures since I am usually the photographer. There were a couple of people taking our picture, which is why we are looking all over the place.
Two of my favorite people in one picture? Cool. My best friend since the 7th grade, Jinnie, and my sweetheart, Chad. We've all known each other since our Freshman year of highschool.

This Spiderman was great! Really, he is Clayton and was in Chad's youth group at our last church. This kid (young adult) was GREAT with my children. Seriously, I probably would let him babysit my kids. Hayden and Parker would LOVE HIM!

A few thing I want to remember about Parker at 4...

  • He is such a laid-back kid. He is the kid I like to take when I go shopping or run errands. He just goes with the flow.
  • He likes to play by himself. I love nothing more than to walk by the playroom and see him with little toys set up and hear him doing the different voices of the characters.
  • He is really good on the computer. Seriously...he can figure out games and has done things on the computer that I'm not sure how he has done them.
  • He still loves to be naked but is getting better about wearing clothes.
  • Says got-for. I didn't know what it meant for the longest. It means forgot. I never correct him because I love to hear him say, "Mommy you got-for my ..."
  • Sweet kid and just overall very happy. The only time he is cranky is when he first wakes up. It doesn't take long before he is his normal happy self.
  • Loves Pop-Tarts. He has loved Pop-Tarts for sometime now and would be sooo happy if I would let him eat Pop-Tarts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Likes to be in the water. We have spent a lot of time in the water since moving to Oil City and he is a natural. The kid has no fear so I really need to get him in swimming lessons.
  • Parker loves babies. He is such a sweet kid. While alot of children don't want anything to do with babies. He likes to make funny faces so they laugh.

13 comments:

Julie said...

What an absolutely cool party!! You had to be the best mom ever to get Spiderman to the party! This was neat. I love the picture of the two of you!!

Candy said...

Happy Birthday, Parker! What a great party!!! I LOVE the pic of you and Parker, so cute! :)

Leigh Ann said...

That is a PRECIOUS picture of you and Parker! That part about "...but he is getting better at wearing clothes," cracked me up only because I live with a streaker, too! :)

canscrap4u2 said...

That's super cool...he's sure not to ever forget that~also, your hair is really long, I like it and are you coming to scrap this month? We miss you

Betty said...

First that all, Happy B-day to Parker.
Great party!
You look beuatiful as always.
Great things that you said about your son.
You have a beautiful family!

Ericka said...

What a great idea for a party. It looks like the kids had a wonderful time. The picture of you and Parker is wonderful. You look great. I agree with Kelly, we miss you!

Jen said...

Parker is SO cute...his eyes are so gorgeous! I LOVE that picture of you and him Angela...you look so pretty and I love your hair long! So cool having Spiderman come to the party! Seth loves Spiderman and wants to be him for Halloween.

Ashlie said...

How fun! I wrapped Nathan's birthday gifts in Spiderman paper this year. We had just watched the S-man movies and he really had fun pretending to shoot webs from his wrists! What a great idea to get Spiderman to come to the party!

Sharron said...

Spiderman...how cool are you?!? Somehow, it seemes completely normal for Spiderman to be wondering around at your house...especially after you said that it was Clayton B. He is so good at that kind of stuff. Looks like Parker had a great party.

Michelle said...

The kids had so much fun at the party...Landon will not stop talking about it! He asked today if Daddy had Spidermans phone number so he could ask him to come over and wrestle with him. Oh yeah and don't gotfor to ask "dad" for that pic!

Martha said...

Happy Birthday Parker! I can't believe he's 4!!!! What a cute idea to have spiderman come!:)

destiny said...

What a fun party!! Its hard to believe he is 4!
That Spiderman looked awesome! I know Parker was so excited!!
You look gorgeous in that picture!!! I know what you mean about never being in pictures! I'm the same way. And, then I feel silly asking someone to take my picture because I don't really like pictures of me. :) One day I'll appreciate it though!

The Hickmans said...

That is so cool that you had Spiderman at his party- who knew!?!