Today was Parker's first day of Mom's Day Out. MDO was supposed to start on Tuesday but with Hurricane Gustav canceling schools MDO was also canceled. We were very excited to get started today! This is Parker outside of MDO. It is at a church in a town about 10 miles away from us.

This kid...I wanted to get some closer-up pictures of him. He COULD NOT look at the camera. He'll never win a Most Photogenic contest.

What is he looking at?

There he goes again with his teacher named "Aunt Bev". Apparently this is what everyone calls her--she is Parker's MDO teacher and runs the whole MDO program at the church. When we went to the church to meet her, before we left she crouched down and told Parker, "Aunt Bev only asks one thing of you before you leave me each day." I started getting nervous wondering if he could actually do what she asked of him. She got this cute little smile on her face and said, "You always have to give Aunt Bev a hug." Score...we can do that!

This was before I left him he was already playing (and finally looked at the camera).

So...I'm sure you are all wondering what I've done with these few hours to myself, right? I scrapbooked a little bit, paid bills and am now writing this blog :)
12 comments:
I wish I could give you encouraging words regarding Parker and his photo etiquette, but I'm not sure it gets better. Bryan is 32 and still closes his eyes and looks away!!!! I've given up trying!!!
Awwww Parker will love MDO there! Aunt Bev looks so sweet!
I have the same issue with photo taking, but with my older one mostly!
I'm so glad that Parker got started with MDO! I know he will LOVE it and you will too! :) Ella's starts a week from tomorrow. I have all kind of cleaning projects in mind to do while she's gone! :) We'll see if that works...
I miss you! You should call me sometime. :) :)
What a sweet teacher!
Its wonderful that Parker gets to go to MDO and you get a little ME time. A win win situation for everyone. LOL Glad to see a new post. Parker will love MDO and so will you.
That's so great that he likes his mother's day out! I still can't believe how big he has gotten!!
He is so cute and has gotten so big!!
His teacher looks so sweet! I love when they have older--grandmother-type teachers! They are so sweet!!
McCulla does the same thing in pictures! I'm hopng she'll grow out of it.
Well, smiling or not, Parker is a cutie.
He is so handsome (even not looking at the camera). I love Aunt Bev. She looks SO sweet! I'm glad you are getting a few hours to yourself. That does a mom good!
Aunt Bev looks really sweet! I hope Parker has a great time at MDO!
That first pic of him he looks old enough to start Kindergarten...cute pics of the inside and his teacher
Post a Comment