Friday, May 25, 2007

My little Jellyfish...

Yep, not a tadpole anymore but a jellyfish!!!

BEFORE:

"I don't wanna get in the swimming pool!"

AFTER:

"Okay, Caleb, I'll jump in and swim to the other side!"

Wow, swimming lessons have been quite the experience. We have been taking them for the last few months at Red River Scuba on Shed Road. Overall, it has been a good experience but it started out rocky with us having lessons cancelled and instuctor changes (not too good for a business).


I almost got a refund and quit the whole place but I am so happy we stayed because we ended up for the last 6 weeks with a GREAT instructor. His name is Caleb and he was so good with Hayden. Hayden liked him too because he would twirl him around in the swimming pool and throw him in the air.


Hayden has learned how to swim but I would never trust him alone in the pool. He has years to go before that would happen! Some more pictures...


Caleb trying to get Hayden to float. We're still working on that!


Alot of our swimming experience was like this...Hayden talking to Caleb about what he was wanting to do. "Caleb, if I swim to there will you spin me?" "You want me to kick like this, Caleb?"


Hayden swimming!!!


"Take a picture of me going under water, Mommy!"

We are so thankful to have been able to take one on one swimming lessons. This has opened up a whole new area of fun for us!

4 comments:

Candy said...

I'm very glad the lessons turned out well. I can't wait to see Hayden swim this summer! Maybe if we can get to the pool without the two little ones, we can work on swimming with Hayden and Ethan.

Laura said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm definately going to look into lessons for Dalton. I can't believe Hayden can SWIM!!!

Michelle said...

love the pictures, Alli is picking up on swimming so fast that I'm thinking about getting my money back and not taking her to swim lessons...I don't know, I'm sure theres something done at the lessons that I'm not doing with her. I'm glad your lessons were worth it! I love this picture I have of Hayden at the pool flexing his muscles with the pink floaties on :)

destiny said...

He's doing so good-I'm impressed! Emma Kate AND Ethan start their lessons in June. I hope she does that well.