Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day 2010...

We had such a nice surprise last week when it started snowing.  The last time it snowed, which wasn't this much was back in March of 2008.  There had been snow forcasted several times since Christmas and it never amounted to anything.  When they started forcasting snow this time I didn't get excited until the last minute when it was a 90% chance of snow.  It started snowing Thursday morning (the 11th) and didn't stop until Friday morning.  School was cancelled for Friday and we had a great day at home.

We ended up with nearly 5 inches of beautiful fluffy snow.


I walked out before everyone else so I could get some pictures of the untouched snow.  It was quiet and peaceful and still snowing a little bit.  I thanked God for letting us have this gift.

 

My very own snow angel.  I haven't made one since I was a little girl.  I think she is cute :)
 

Chad, Hayden and Parker starting work on the snowman.

Hayden LOVED the snow.  The kids went in and out several times during the day but one time Hayden stayed out for 30 minutes by himself.  Crazy!

Parker like the snow but didn't want to be out in it long.  I joked that when he grows up he will probably want to live in Florida like his Uncle Scott & Aunt Bridget.

SNOW BALL FIGHT!!!!!!

As finished as our snowman got.  Bless his heart.  He never got to see or smell :)

No comments: