Saturday, March 17, 2012

Legacy 5K

My kids had been super excited about doing the Legacy Spring Sprint 5K since they heard about it.

For a month I heard, "Mommy will you fill out the form so we can do the 5K?" 

Hayden has been doing running club at school so he wanted to run.  He took off and I never saw him until the end of the race.  His time was 36.40.  Go Hayden!


Parker started off running, too.  At about the 1.5 mile mark I caught up with him and we walked the rest of the way together.  It was a cool morning with a few sprinkles along our 3.2 mile journey.  We had such a good visit just walking and talking.


I'm proud of us for making it through!  We were all sore the next day but it was fun and I'm glad I got to be with my boys.

No comments: