Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A day with Nannie and Pawpaw...


We had quite a time on Saturday. We went with Nannie and Pawpaw to see Santa and look for a few Christmas gifts. Five hours later we were heading home...it was a long 5 hours (right in the middle of nap time).

Nannie gave the boys pennies so they could make "wishes" in the fountain, let them ride the ridiculously expensive rides at the mall ($.75 when only $.25 at C.E.C.) and was very patient with us during lunch.

I was so worn out by the time the day was over and so were the boys. They were asleep right after we got in the car to head home. Overall, a good day but I am sure glad I stay home most of the time.



5 comments:

Autumn said...

You are a brave soul I don't like having my kids out five hours anywhere much less during nap time. I am glad you were able to enjoy it some. The pics or so cute. I was reading below about hayden getting sick on sun. Both of mine were throwing up as well as nathan and cameron. I think some bad stuff was passed around at playgroup.

Laura said...

Isn't it so much better with another adult, though? I know that I usually enjoy my trips better whenever I have my sister with me. It seems to be less stressful. Of course, it probably stresses her out more though!!

Michelle said...

Aaaahhhh! Shopping with kids, I just really don't love it, you have to constantly talk to them....don't touch that, no you can't, Landon you are doing so good, share with your brother, don't bite, Alli walk a bit faster and keep up with us, no, I said no....now shopping alone, I love it, I don't have to talk to anybody, sometimes I'm so in the zone that if a salesperson asks if I need help I just smile, because I don't want to open my mouth, ya know?

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful day. Especially trying on new shoes for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!