Chad had to keep Parker on his shoulders most of the time because we forgot the stroller. Speaking of strollers...as we were sitting on the riverbank waiting for the fireworks show he started to push the Barajaz stroller (with no Ben inside), which was facing straight towards the Cane River. As you can imagine that stroller started rolling pretty fast down the riverbank. We were only about 8-10 feet away from the river and he came within about three feet from being in the river. Scary at the time but a girl can laugh about it now.
Hayden and I were taking silling pictures waiting for the fireworks to start. We were still taking silly pictures when the big BOOM of the first fireworks going off sound. It scared us to death and, no, you will never see that picture.
2 comments:
Oh, that looked like lots of fun. Every year since Ken and I started dating we have gone there, and loved it! We carried it on with Alli's first Christmas, and incorporated a steaming hot funnel cake that we all shared in the car! Yummy, germs! This would have been Landon's first time to do it all with us, but it was pouring down rain Christmas Eve and both of the kids were fast asleep by the time we drove past it heading home from Alexandria. I was so sad :(
I'm sure glad you posted this info! I grew up in Many, so I have been familiar with the festivities around Christmas, but I didn't know that it was an every Saturday event during December. My brother-in-law, John, told my sister that he wanted to go down there with the family this past year, but I don't think they ever went. Maybe we will plan for it next year. Looks like everyone had a blast.
Post a Comment