Sunday, September 09, 2007

The painting of a Dallas Cowboys helmet:

I am quite proud of how this turned out! I didn't really want to paint the helmet because I didn't think I could do it but after seeing the cost of how much it would be to purchase the huge helmets that stick on the wall, I rethought my decision. First things first, I am NOT creative but I always got a "Satisfactory" for coloring in the lines in preschool so that helped.



I know you can't tell in this picture but I found a picture of a helmet, blew it up about 700% and then printed it on a transparency. I borrowed Heather Bloom's projector and projected the helmet on the wall. I traced it with a pencil and then started painting.


I took pictures of this and sent it to my Mom and some friends for "atta-girls." I was getting quite discouraged because this was such a long process. I would paint something and then would have to wait until that paint dried before painting something else.


The white part was the last big part to be painted.


This was when I had painted all of the black detailing on the helmet.


Ta-da! All done! This is what it looked like with the wall painted blue around it.

I really did enjoy doing this! It took a lot of time but I get to enjoy it every time I walk in his room. If we ever move, there might just be a big hole in his wall where that helmet was painted :~).

7 comments:

Laura said...

I can only imagine how you will feel if you have to move and leave all that hard work behind for someone else to enjoy! You did an awesome job on Hayden's room!

Betty said...

Fantastic!
It looksreally profetional. I bet for Hayden has more meaning for the fact that you made it for him
You are a great Mommy and painter.

Candy said...

It looks great Angela!

destiny said...

It looks awesome, Angela! You did such a great job!!

Anonymous said...

Well, lookey there! You have scrapbooked a wall! so how big is it? What a great job you did..now, just think, if you ever move, you'll have to take the wall.

Michelle said...

I love the step by step process, so was it worth it to say the $150? You know the "fatheads" they have now that just stick and you can peel them off just as easily to move them from wall to wall...anyway, I love how it looks!

Regina said...

I'm thinking - WOW! I just couldn't beleive how great it turned out. The whole room, that is. I loved seeing the process, too. I wouldn't have thought ahead enough to take a picture at each step. I sure hope Hayden appreciates how much his Mommy is willing to do for him!