After probably 6 months on and off of each kid coming into our bed at least once per night it is OVER! We have always had good sleepers (well except for that first year of Hayden's life when we let him sleep with us) and they like to sleep through the night, in their bed and like to go to sleep without too many problems.
Something started about 6 months ago when they just would keep coming to get in our bed. I don't mind it every once in a while but not EVERY night. It is just so hard to sleep with someone hogging the covers, kicking me and stealing my pillow. Half the time I would end up in the offenders bed because our queen sized bed is really only meant for two.
So, my friend, Jinnie, told me about a chart she was using to keep her girls in bed and it was working for her. I made Hayden and Parker their own "Sleepy-head Stay-in-my-bed Chart." Each morning they get to put a sticker on their chart if they stayed in bed. If they stay in bed ALL week then they each get their own dollar and we go to the Dollar Tree.
You might think, hmmm....The Dollar Tree? Kind of cheap, huh? Yep, and you know what the kids love it. I tell them they can buy anything in the whole store and let them have at it.
Since we have mastered the "staying in our bed" chart, I need to come up with a new chart for something they can do. Any ideas?
6 comments:
Hey Angela! I just found your blog from Candy's and I love it! I think I read just about all your entries (I'm a little OCD) and your boys are just too cute! Reading all these sweet things makes me excited for the day Nathan and I have a little boy or girl. :) Have a great day!
~Ashlie
What a great idea Angela! Our bed is also invaded and has been for sometime. I got Emma Kate back in her bed when school started but once in awhile she makes her way in (which is fine). Ethan on the other hand CAN NOT sleep without me! I love to cuddle with him, but poor Matt usually ends up on the couch.
I remember those days, Delay sleep with us for almost 3 years. Finally when we moved here, Don't know what we did, after trying pretty much everything, like magic she start sleeping the whole night in her bed. She wakes up just to go titi but she goes back toher bed. Yes, i was ahrd but now i can say "We did it"
Hey this is a really good idea. I think we or going to use this for the kids keeping there room clean. Be sure and drop by my blog and vote on my new kiddo's name!!
Praise God for a bed with only two in it!!! I can't wait until we finally boot our little boy to the curb! That kid has got to stop waking up in the middle of the night and coming to our room. We haven't even figured out how he does it, seriously, he's like a cat, with night vision. I say this, because we even started closing his door, turning off his night light, and then turning every light off in the house, and yet every morning around 2-3am there he is..."Mommy, I want juice" and you know Ken acts like he's dead when I ask him to help me out. Go figure, I bet he was one of those babies himself! :)
We have a chore chart for our kids with pictures since they can't read. Things like set the table, put up their stuff after meals, feed the dogs, etc. They a special treat at the end of the week if they do it all.
Post a Comment