Sunday, September 09, 2007

Parker's Room...

After over four years of Parker's room being decorated for a baby we changed it to a "big boy" room. This was actually almost a year ago but I am just now taking pictures of it (better late than never). It may be hard to tell in the picture but I spent 3 days locked away in Parker's room painting green at the bottom (for grass), black above that (for the runway) and blue for the sky.

Some special things about his room:
  • All of the yellow markings are the real marking that are on the runway at BAFB (so I have been told). I did change the numbers to say "93" and "24" for Parker's birthday, September 3, 2004.
  • He has a cool model B-52 that is suspended from his ceiling thanks to Andy Bloom who shared some of his toys with us.
  • Michelle Jenkins made him a cork board that has airplanes and clouds on it to match his room.
  • I painted a airplane on his big wall that looks like it just took off, leaving the runway!



3 comments:

Betty said...

Wow! it looks really fun. I wish I could have a room like this when I was a child.
Great job!
I may ask you for some ideas for Delany's room

Candy said...

It looks super! I love the idea of using his birthday, very creative. :)

Michelle said...

I love it all with the bed made too! I know this is how you want it to look everyday if only Parker would use that comforter!