Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Parker is growing up...

Parker turned 3 yesterday. Time really flies!

We had a birthday party for him at my Mom’s house on Saturday night. Parker had a great time playing with his cousins and just enjoying himself. He decided he wanted to have a “Pwincess” birthday cake but I talked him into Cars, which was what he had told me all along until this “pwincess” thing came up. He got lots of fun toys and really cute clothes for the fall. Yesterday (on the day of his actual birthday) we went to the Betty Virginia Park with the Jenkins and Baird families. We had a picnic and let the kids play. I think he enjoyed himself!

There are some things that I want to remember about Parker being this age that make me so happy (I’m trying to forget anything that is bad):

*Parker loves getting his back scratched and will say “scratch ‘me’ back.” It is so cute because my brother and I always liked having our backs scratched and I was hoping one of my kids would, too.
*Parker is very good at picking up on things Chad and I say, which is why Parker says, “Chop chop, I not play that game” and “He’s getting my nerves.”
*When I sneeze around Parker he always gives me a “Bwess you.”
*Parker is good at getting his words mixed up and says stuff like, “I not can do it.”
*Parker likes kisses on the “wips,” just ask any of the nursery workers at church. Oh, and if you think you can avoid him kissing you on the “wips” you are wrong. He grabs your face and turns it to where you HAVE to kiss him on the “wips”.
*Parker is VERY concerned about Hayden getting hugs before Chad leaves in the mornings. He always says, "Hug Hayden," even if Chad JUST hugged Hayden.

I love that kid and could probably write a million more things down but I will add them as I remember them! I just feel so lucky that he calls me Mom.

6 comments:

Betty said...

You are such a great Mommy!
Happy B-day Packer

Candy said...

Happy Birthday, Parker! I can't believe he is three! I love the list. :)

destiny said...

Ditto to Betty's comment! I love all of those things on your list! It almost brought tears to my eyes reading it and thinking about all of the things I love and want to remember about my 2! So sweet!

Happy Birthday Parker!!

Regina said...

I'm so glad you wrote this stuff! It just seems like the other day Parker was a baby, and I can't beleive he's saying all this!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Parker!

I love the list. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Where are the birthday pics from the family party?