Friday, October 27, 2006

A precious prayer

How do they do something one day and just seem so big?

I have been talking to Hayden about how to pray and trying to tell him that it is just like talking to me. On Sunday night, as we were on the way home from church and Chad and Jessie (one of the mission pastors) were pulling an all-nighter driving back from Mexico, I told Hayden that we needed to pray for Daddy and Jessie and for their safety while they drove all night.

I can't even explain how he prayed but it was the most beautiful prayer in the sweetest voice I have ever heard. Everything was from the heart with a sincerity and understanding that I have not seen before.

He has done alot of things in the past that has made me proud but my heart was swelling inside over this one. I can only pray that his desire to know the Lord will grow and he will have a true relationship with Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing as precious as a child's voice in simple heartfelt prayer. Thank you for teaching him to talk to God.

I love you all...

Michelle said...

Alli's prayers differ from night to night. Some prayers I laugh at because I think "c'mon Alli be serious" but even if she is thanking God for her yellow walls it is still coming from her heart, and atleast she knows that those walls came from Him. Isn't it such a wonderful feeling to know that the biblical truths and values that we are teaching them at such a young age will be with them forever. How blessed we are to have them in our lives everyday reminding us of our responsibilites, and how blessed they are to be brought up in a christian home.

Regina said...

Think about how praying and reciting Bible verses are just going to be so normal for our kids as they grow up. That makes it so much harder for Satan to get to them! There's nothing like the innocent, simple prayers and questions to remind us how uncomplicated it really all is.

Laura said...

That is very sweet. Hayden has 2 wonderful examples to follow at home. Keep it up!