We had such a great time at Schumpert's Bossier Wellness Center tonight! Eloise, otherwise known as Nannie, asked on Wednesday about going to a carnival for Schumpert employees, Wellness Center members and their families. Knowing Chad was going to be out of town we jumped on it.Tons of games were set up in the gymnasium area and then outside were the big jumpy blow up things. We played every little game we came to and then the kids would get candy when they finished. Hayden especially loved all of the games and wasn't scared of anything (he is really growing up). The kids threw footballs, roundballs and bean bags into holes, they popped balloons, went fishing for candy, jumped in the big blow up things, sat in a fire truck and used a water gun to extinguish a jack-o-lantern. Oh, and Hayden got his face painted (a spider). He wanted to know if his "tattoo" was still on when we got back in the van. They also provided sodas and chips for free and hot dogs for $1.
Towards the end Parker was tired of the fun and pretty much walked around crying unless I was holding him. At one point he just layed on the floor crying as people walked around him...only a two year old can get away with that.
It was nice just to enjoy the kids and watch them being kids. It takes me back to when I was little and memories that I hold near and dear. Thanks, Nannie, for all of the fun! Love you! Angela, Hayden and Parker
4 comments:
That sounds like it was lots of fun! I wish I could lay on the floor and cry and throw a fit. If only...
Cute pic, you really have that Hayden smiling with a command from the camera..gotta love that, on the other hand, poor Parker looks a bit big for the stroller, but I completly understand the whole "containing" thing. I really wanted to go but Ken was wanting to do the boardwalk thing last night, which turned out in my favor because I got two new Yankee candles which are currently burning, Oohh Aahh the smell of Fall with the weather of early Summer..yuck!
I sure had a wonderful time at the carnival too! I always enjoy watching Hayden and Parker explore new things. We will have to do it next year, and maybe dress in costume! I love all of you very much and love spending time with ya'll. Nannie
Maybe next year I can go, too...
Post a Comment