Monday, April 02, 2007

Who do we tell?

When I was putting Hayden to bed last week I was talking to him about sharing the Good News of our Lord to everyone he knows. After a while he said, "Well, I don't have to tell my friends at preschool because they already know since they learn bible verses just like me." I told him that he still needed to tell them that Jesus died for their sins and rose again because everyone needs to hear it. I kissed him goodnight, left his room and he went to sleep.

I started thinking that night...isn't this what we ALL think? I don't want to tell my neighbor because she knows, she goes to church sometimes and I am 'sure' she knows, right? I don't want to mention it to the lady at Brookshires who always checks us out; she is so nice, she has to know the Lord, right? What if they don't?

I hope that Chad and I can teach Hayden not to make excuses when God prompts him to speak to someone about His Son and maybe this lesson taught me the same thing.

2 comments:

Candy said...

what a great story and a great lesson for all of us!

Chad H. Mills said...

So true! This is why the church is not growing. 90% of churches in America are declining and the population is soaring. Christians are not sharing their faith. People do not share their faith for a number of reasons:fear; ignorance; or assuming others already know Jesus. We will continue to decline and become less of an influence unless we start sharing our faith and more importantly living out our faith so others can see a difference in us.