Last night, I had a conversation with Parker that went something like this...
Parker: Wanna Hot Pot.
Me: A Hot Pot?
Parker: No, a Hot Pot.
Me: A Hot Pot?
Parker: No, Mommy, a Hot Pot (starting to look distressed).
Me: Go tell Daddy what you want.
Parker: Daddy, wanna Hot Pot.
Chad: You want a Hot Pot?
Parker: Noooooo, a Hot Pot!
Chad: Oh, you want a Pop Tart?
Parker: Yes, a Hot Pot!
I knew exactly what he wanted because I know his language but it was funny when I said it back wrong to him. In his mind he was saying Pop-Tart and I was saying Hot Pot.
I can remember my mom always telling a story on my brother, Scott, when he was around Parker's age that was similar to this. She would ask him his name and he would say "Stott" and she would say "Stott?". He would say "No, Stott!" I have always loved that story and now I have one of my own to tell.
3 comments:
very cute story!
Connor says things that or either backwards or just wrong all together and he gets so upset when I can't understand what he is saying. In his mind he is speaking as clear as can be.
I think it's so fun talking like the kids do, even if you really do know what they are saying!
Post a Comment