After a trip to Walmart I ran through Captain D's and got a Dr. Pepper. Hayden asked me if a Dr. Pepper would make me strong and healthy and I told him no that it wasn't very healthy.
Fastforward three hours...
I am hanging up some things on the walls in the house (post painting) and he is "helping" me get the level and a screw here and there. So, I move on to hang up something else and this is how the conversation went from there:
Hayden: Mommy, let me know if you need any help because you know I am really strong.
Me: (kind of busy and half listening) I know you are so strong.
Hayden: But, Mommy, you are not strong because you had that Diet Coke (he calls all soda that for some reason).
Me: Yeah?
Hayden: You shouldn't of had that Diet Coke because it wouldn't give you strong muscles like I have.
Me: I know, baby, I should have drank water.
Hayden: Yep, God was saying (then silence)...
Hayden: What's your name (perplexed)?
Me: Angela.
Hayden: Oh, yeah, God was saying 'Angela you shouldn't drink that Diet Coke because it is not healthy for you.'
I thought it was so cute that he couldn't remember my name. He just knew God wouldn't be calling me "Mommy." Love that boy!!!
1 comment:
How cute!!
Post a Comment