A few things have happened lately that make me realize that Hayden is growing up...
*The other day we went to McDonald's to play (and eat) with Candy, Ethan and Ella. I went and got the boys a Happy Meal and came back to let Candy go get Ethan and Ella their Happy Meals.
She came back almost immediately because the line was really long and she had seen some things behind the counter that turned her off. She said they would just eat when they got home and Ethan was heartbroken because he knew that meant no Happy Meal toy (what is it about those cheap toys, anyway). I mentioned to Hayden that Ethan really wanted a Happy Meal toy and if he didn't want his then he could give it Ethan. He got right up and handed the toy to Ethan and said, "Here, Ethan" in a sweet voice. My heart was so happy to see him sharing without me having to force him.
*Last night we were at DiGi and GrandDad's house visiting with my grandmother (Sugie), my brother (Uncle Scott) and sister-in-law (Aunt Bridget) . After dinner the whole family went for a walk. Hayden was running a we were in a cul de sac so he wasn't running off but he was running on concrete around and around and around. Chad told him to stop running because he was about to fall and skin his knees. He kept doing it anyway and even looked at Chad to see what his reaction was...Chad was just watching him (disappointed). Within a few minutes, Hayden was on his knees screaming. DiGi and GrandDad took him inside and doctored his knees and we left shortly after. We had been in the van a little while when Hayden said, "Sorry, Daddy." Chad asked him what for. He said, "For not listening, Daddy, I should have stopped running like you asked me to."
After thinking about it, this is how our relationship is with God...he tells us no, we do it anyway, and after we have been hurt we apologize for not listening.
I was talking to him while he was in bed last night and told him what a big boy it is to say that he was wrong to Chad. He said, "Yeah, God letted me think about it."
I am thankful for the lessons I learn...especially the ones from my 4 year old.
5 comments:
So sweet!
Yes, Hayden is very sweet! :)
You didn't want to share what I saw that disgusted me! Ha! I started to blog about, ugh! It still makes me feel sick.
I've been thinking lately about how our relationship with our kids is like our relationship with God in reverse. It's so great you point out those life lessons to him.
And since I'm not going to eat there anymore anyway, what was gross at McDonald's?
That is so awesome. I really enjoyed reading this. You should be very proud of what you and chad or giving the world.
That is so inspiring. You guys are doing such a great job teaching your boys about God.
Post a Comment