Today, Parker was alone and quiet (should have been my clue) for about 30 seconds. Chad's mom (Sharon) is visiting and he told her he had gum in his nose. This is how the conversation went from there:
Me: No he doesn't.
Sharon: Parker where is the gum?
Parker: Right here (pointing to his right nostril).
I tilted his head back and saw a little pink thing in his nose about 1/4 inch up and I knew I wouldn't be able to grab it with my fingers. Sharon suggested us using tweezers to get it out. We layed him out and held him down on my bed and I grabbed the tweezers and went right in his nose and pulled out this...

I ran from the room squealing and went straight for my digital camera (a girl knows a good blog story in progress). I NEVER expected the whole piece of gum to be in his nose. How on earth did he even do that?
When asked "Why did you put gum in your nose?" He said, "Had to."
6 comments:
Yuck! I think I would have thrown up. Ethan saw me reading this and wondered what is was. I told him the story and he said, "that gotta hurt!" He decided that the gum looks like a goblin's shoe and the goblin must have taken his shoe up Parker's nose. Ha! That Parker!
Oh my! That is awful! Glad you got it all out in one piece! That has always been one of my fears. I know a little boy who got a french fry stuck up his nose.
I guess I've taken it for granted that my kids have never stuck anything up their noses. I'm not going to tell them what Parker did-don't want to give them any ideas now!
That is funny & gross!! I thought it was a shoe, too, at first. But then I thought, why would there be a Barbie shoe at the Mills' house?!?? I'm glad you got it out without any injuries!
Oh my gosh! What kids do...Delany all the time eat her gumm. I need to keep track of the time when she has one. The good thing is that he is ok now.
This is so funny I had to get Dutch in here to read this one. I was finally able to say, "well atleast Connor has never done that one!" Thats a great story.
Post a Comment