Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Finally...our cruise!

We had such a good time on our cruise! I tell you I married the perfect guy (for me)...when it comes to vacations he is my match...we are all about RELAXING! We had endless hours just laying around and it was so nice.

I e-mailed everyone our full Kodak gallery but am going to post some of the photos here with a little more details. If you didn't get it let me know and I will resend it to you. Some photos:

Chad and I during Muster drill in our life vests. The good thing about our cool accessory is that everyone else looked as dorky as we did.
This was before dinner on Sunday night. It was the first time we had seen each other since arriving in San Juan. (L-R) Chad's Dad, Diana (Eloise's friend), Eloise (Chad's stepmom), me and ChadOur first formal night. This was a day at sea and we hung out by the pool.
At our first stop in Barbados, Eloise and I zip lined. I had been wanting to do this since I had seen it on The Amazing Race but never imagined any of the sane people going with me would want to do it, too, then Eloise confessed that she would love to do it. It was so much FUN!In St. Lucia Chad and I went to the beach. It was beautiful but REALLY hot. Chad is relaxing at a little outdoor restaurant right on the beach.This is how breakfast looked most morning. We would all gather early and then divide up into whatever the day held. This day Chad and his dad went snorkeling.
That's me...all dressed up! This is the first dress I have owned in years. I loved it!We took these photos on the deck just about every night before dinner. Chad looks so handsome in his suit.A cruise is not all about hanging out by the pool. Dad taught me how to play chess one afternoon. Can you believe I've never learned? It is not really a relaxing game but I'm glad I learned.My absolute favorite place on this ship was in the solarium, picture above. It has two hot tubs and a swimming pool. It is very quiet and Chad and I would take our books to read and get some sun. It is so peaceful!
This is the thing I am MOST proud of...I took the stairs EVERYWHERE. There are 15 decks on this ship so you can imagine how much I was using the stairs. The most stairs I went up at once...11 flights of stairs. Chad did this with me...we were so out of breath. It was something fun to do and VERY good exercise.
Here we are at the airport in San Juan with our sad faces. Oh well, all good things have to come to an end!

I hope you enjoyed the photos!


14 comments:

Candy said...

I'm glad you finally put these on here. :) I loved seeing them all! You look beautiful! I'm glad ya'll had so much fun. :)

Leigh said...

What a fun trip. We would love to see all your pictures too.

radiance0@hotmail.com

Leigh

Leigh Ann said...

I loved the pictures! I'm so glad you had a good, relaxing time. You look so pretty in your dress! You and your husband are such a beautiful couple! Derek and I have been on a cruise, and D thinks it's the best vacation EVER! We also have a pic with sad faces when it was over! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I can tell ya'll had so much fun and everyone looked great! I loved ALL of the pictures. Alot of them are similar to the ones we took on our cruise. It's such a relaxing vacation. Thanks for sharing your awesome trip.

-check your email.

Anonymous said...

ps-
I LOVE the fact that you did the zip line...awesome! I would love to do that too. Now that you have done that...how about skydiving with me??? I want to do it again so bad!

Sharron said...

Loooks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The Hickmans said...

I watched your slide show of the cruise- AWESOME!! I am soooo jealous. I can't wait to one day be able to go on a cruise!

Michelle said...

I loved all of your photos, it was kind of like "Wheres Waldo?" but instead it was "Wheres Carmex?" Okay that sounded funnier in my head, it's just that I noticed it in a couple of photos :)

Autumn said...

These are great! I am so proud of you on the zip line, and you looked beautiful in that dress.

Jennifer said...

I want to see all of your pictures! jennlong@mac.com

Jen said...

HA...I love that last picture! We really need to go on a cruise! Glad you had a great time.

Ashlie said...

Thanks for sending me your photo album! They were all GREAT! You look so pretty in the dress you wore for dinner! I'm glad y'all had a great time!

Martha said...

I love these pictures! I'm SO glad you both got to just relax! That is so wonderful. You look beautiful in your dress! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Laura said...

Loved all the pictures also - sorry I'm just now reading the blog about it :) Michael & I will definately have to go on a cruise soon!