Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hayden's Day of Testing...

**Update**

Hayden had a great day! His teacher said he did well on his testing and his first comment to me was, "That wasn't too long." I'm glad he thought that way because it seemed like an eternity to me. Another funny conversation...

Me: Were all the kids nice at school?
Hayden: There was this one mean kid.
Me: (Heartbroken thinking he was mean to Hayden) How was he mean?
Hayden: He didn't want his picture taken by the teacher and he laid in the floor and cried.
Me: Really?
Hayden: I thought in my head, 'He needs to go to the principals office and go to detention.'

Funny, huh?

Another thing...he is quite impressed with the chocolate milk that comes in the bag for lunch. He drank the chocolate milk and said it was good. He won't drink milk for me for NOTHING!

Thanks for all of the prayers, please try and continue them for Friday...the first real day of school when all of the kids in the class come together for the first time.

This morning we dropped Hayden off at school for testing. The girls tested yesterday and today is the boys day to be tested. Apparently, it is not really a test but more just to see what they know and what they don't. It doesn't affect anything but just lets the teacher understand where the child is in their learning.

This is Hayden and his teacher, Mrs. Ivins...
Isn't she cute? She is pregnant and due around Christmas--I love how teachers plan pregnancies around school holidays.

Even though today is not officially the first day of school for kindergarteners we treated this like a first day. I woke up at 6:30 for a little quiet time and computer time, woke Hayden up at 7am (he popped right up insisting that he was already awake and that he just had his eyes closed), I made pancakes for everyone, Hayden got dressed/ready, we prayed and headed out the door a few minutes early. I know every day won't be as easy as this but it was a wonderful morning.

Yesterday Hayden I spent the morning cleaning out (not cleaning up) his room. He is so funny...his room always appears to be clean but when you start looking underneath his bed and in the depths of his closet you find where all his socks (and many other things) went. Anyways, I found this hanging thing in the depths of my closet (see where my kid gets it)...

I'm thinking this will be perfect to put each days clothes in. I know they make these that are for kids and say each day of the week but this is free :). We did a trial run this morning and it worked perfectly not having to think of what he was going to wear. Apparently our school is one of the only schools in our parish that doesn't have to wear uniforms, which I'm thankful to not spend money on uniforms, but it sure would make it easy when getting dressed in the mornings. Hopefully the above contraption will help us stay organized and happy in the mornings.

If you will please pray for my little Hayden today. Have a good day!

10 comments:

Julie said...

I lifted Hayden up in a quick prayer. I have been praying for mothers and their children for a little over a week now, asking for protection, logistics, and emotions be calm.

He will do fine!!!
I admire your organization.

Candy said...

AWWW...I hope Hayden has a great day!!! :) He looks so cute with his teacher. :) I use one of those hanging things in Ethan's closet for his school clothes. It works out great! I fill it up on Sunday and then we are ready for the week. How are you? :) Praying for ya'll!

Chad H. Mills said...

I think we were more nervous for Hayden's first day of school than he was! He doesn't look to happy in the picture, but you know how guys are. It's going to be a great year!

Leigh Ann said...

I think it's great they have time with their teacher so she can have an idea of where her students are before the year starts. I think more schools should do that!

destiny said...

Awwww...I hope he had a great day...and you too! Did you make his cake, or is that tomorrow?
His teacher looks so nice!

Candy said...

How was Hayden's day of testing? Did Parker do okay with him being away all day? Fill us in! :) :)

The Hickmans said...

Glad that it all went well. I am praying for all students, teachers, staff and administration- they need it!

canscrap4u2 said...

Hannah won't drink white milk either. She's never had a glass. However, with Ovaltine in it, she will request it in bed every morning. Try it.

Leigh Ann said...

Milk in a bag. Now, maybe Ella Grace would drink milk if I gave it to her like that!

Candy said...

praying for all of you this morning! :)