Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tooth Mishaps!

On Saturday Hayden lost his third tooth. Can you believe it? This is what he looks like now... His bottom two teeth are coming up and he just lost the tooth on top (where he has his tongue sticking through)

After I pulled Hayden's tooth Chad put it in a snack-sized Ziploc bag and laid it on the counter in the kitchen. I never saw it and didn't think another thing of it until it was time for bed.

In the few hours before bedtime I was standing at the counter filling 40 snack-sized Ziploc bags with trail mix for our Cactus Canyon Vacation Bible School. They are for the VBS workers and say "Thanks for riding the trail with us!" Here is a picture (sorry it is blurry)...

When bed time rolled around this was how the conversation went between me and Chad:

Me: We need to get Hayden's tooth so the Tooth Fairy will come tonight.
Chad: It is on the counter around your purse.
Me: Okay (me looking for it).
Me: I don't see it.
Chad: (Coming in the kitchen.) I laid it right here.
Me: What did you put it in?
Chad: A snack-sized ziplock bag.
Me: Oh, no. (realizing what has probably happened)
Chad: You don't think it could be in the trash? (as he is digging through the trash)
Me: No, I'm pretty sure it is with the trail mix in one of the 40 Ziploc bags.

So...without opening them up we did a scan with our eyes to find the trail mix with a tooth in it. Chad found it on our second look through. Praise God!

I never realized how much broken off peanuts can look like baby teeth. Thankfully it was found before one of our church members bit onto Hayden's tooth (ouch and gross)!

8 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Oh no! I'm so glad you found it! I bet that was hard to spot!

Candy said...

How funny!!! I'm sure glad you found the tooth. I can't believe Hayden has already lost so many teeth! Ethan hasn't lost any yet.

Anonymous said...

LOL...this is just too funny! Sounds exactly like something that would happen at our house! Good eye, Chad!

Martha said...

That is hillarious!

destiny said...

Oh my gosh...that is so funny!!! I love that story!!

Michelle said...

How funny is that?! I shall be spreading this story around, this is something that would happen to us.

The Hickmans said...

That is a hilarious story!! I am so glad you found it!

Laura said...

That is really funny! I'm glad you guys didn't forget about the toothfairy and end up never realizing the tooth was in the trail mix!!!!