So...I haven't posted in what seems like forever but it has only been 11 days. We have been busy around here but I still needed to update.
Hayden starts school this week. I'm happy and sad all at the same time. It is crazy that he is going to be away from me so long. Why does kindergarten have to be so long? Really. I could cry if I thought about it too hard but I'm just going to focus on the fun.
Today we went to Open House at the school. I LOVE his teacher, Mrs. Ivins. If she were my kindergarten teacher I would be one happy kid. She is young and pretty and seems to have lots of energy. I want this year to make a good impression on him because this will help shape his thoughts on school. Hayden goes for testing on Tuesday and then his first full day on Friday. I got some information on joining the PTA and they seem like a nice group of ladies. I'm going to have to pay to join (only $5) but did you know there was a fee? I had no idea. If you think of it this week pray for Hayden.
In preparation for school starting we were so busy visiting friends and family. Tuesday we were at Michelle's house, Wednesday my mom and I and the kids went to my grandmother's house then on Friday the kids and I spent the whole day at Chad's mom's house. Then Saturday Hayden and I spent time with my mom and Eloise, Chad's stepmom, doing some shoe shopping for Hayden. I'd love to know...when did almost 6 year old boys get so picky about shoes? I just assumed that boys were easy when it came to clothes and shoes, ummm...not my oldest boy.
Is anyone else watching the Olympics? I was convinced that I didn't like the Olympics because I really haven't watched them recently but I have been getting into the swimming and gymnastics. The other night I got in bed early (about 9:45pm) and Chad came to bed and turned on the gymnastics. The next time I looked at the clock it was midnight and I was watching two American gymnasts get the gold and silver in the individual competition. I thought I didn't like it but apparently I do.
We had a great day at church today! We had a potential youth/children's minister come and preach tonight and he will most likely be voted in on Wednesday night. This is the same church that when Chad took the position in October didn't have a pianist, Youth Minister or Music Minister and now we will be fully staffed. I know the Lord has some great things planned for our church and I'm so happy to be apart of His plan.
Okay, I'm thinking I've updated enough (and it's 12:18am). I promise pictures for my next post (school pictures)!
3 comments:
I thought the same thing about the Olympics, I didn't think I liked them either, but I do, funny...and yes you will be crying the first day you send him off with his back pack praying that he will find friends as soon as he walks into the room and you will be thinking about him all day long wishing they had a web cam just so you could check in on him and make sure he is happy, I can only imagine, I will be praying for you guys this week, such a big step the whole school thing, I could think of four Judges songs that I would sing to you right now:) Busy week for you guys, the week seemed to fly by though, crazy that kids are already in school now...let me know about the youth minister deal, I know you guys were excited and anxious about it all. Have a great week, call me as soon as Hayden gets off to school so I can hear your voice and possibly sing to you a little country! :)
Glad you are 'back' Angela! I've missed your posts.
I will pray for Hayden if you will pray for Seth. :) It's such a transition time for us. Yesterday he went for his testing and he did great. He says his teacher is really nice and fun. She's been at SWP ever since it opened (Meadowview even years before that)and she's known for being very strict! I think it will be good for him though.
It's been busy around there...I'm so glad you guys are getting a youth minister more than likely. The growth of that church is just amazing...God is doing some wonderful things there and I'm so glad you guys get to be apart of all the blessings!
Wow...no uniforms??! Somedays I like them, other days I wish they could just wear their 'regular' clothes.
Okay...If I would have read this first I would know when you are making the cake! Can't wait to see it on Friday!!
I have been excited about the olympics from the start!! I love it! Summer is my favorite. We have really all enjoyed watching togeter.
Post a Comment