I love, love, love this time of year! Finally, I figured out why...it is like Christmas in that you get to eat alot and spend time with your family yet you don't have the pressure of buying gifts for everyone.
We had a great Thanksgiving! We woke up Thanksgiving morning and I made Pigs-in-a-Blanket for breakfast. We normally have a cold breakfast so that was a nice change. After we got ready, we headed over to my mom's house close to noon and visited with all of our family. We ate around 1pm and when I say it was good, I mean it was GOOD! So good I just ate some leftovers, yep, I am probably verging on getting some bacteria in my system from the leftovers being too old but it was worth the risk. They were still good!
After lunch, Chad went back home to watch the Cowboys win (and become 10-1) in peace. We stayed at Mom's and the kids played quietly (for the most part) and we looked at the sales papers, one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. We headed back home around 7pm. It was a fun night!
The next morning Michelle Jenkins and I planned to go shopping. My morning started off when my alarm went off at 2:55am. I was gone from my house by 3:15 and was at Kohl's at 4am. Why? I don't know. There was nothing I really had to be there for but we were having a fun time so it didn't matter. By 3pm I had gotten all of Hayden and Parker's Christmas bought and a few things for Chad, too.
Saturday we celebrated Thanksgiving with Chad's family, which meant more eating and family fun. We had a great time and wish we had more time with our families. It doesn't seem like there is ever enough time to do everything.
29 Days til' Christmas!
5 comments:
Oh, my Angela! I can't believe ya'll went shopping that early. I really think that the stores had everything that they always have with the same price tag as usual. I know, I know some things really were on sale! I just worked retail for too many years to want to shop much anymore. I'm just glad that when I was working, stores didn't open at these crazy hours that they are now!!
I'm so glad you all had a great Thanksgiving, I love it more than Christmas because it seems to last all day long and much more relaxing...I mean, after all the gifts are opened Christmas is pretty much over :) Loved shopping with ya, even if we were crazy to get up at 2 something :)
I am glad that you enjoy. i also got up early and when shoping with my mother in law. It was fun and we really found a great deals. For now on I will have to follow the american tradition "Black Friday rules"
That sounds like a great time! I went shopping that Friday also, but mine wasn't very fun :( I was out for about an hour & then came back home. Oh well!
It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!!!!! I would have been up at three shopping on Friday to is it wasn't for my little man restricting me. I sure did love watching the Cowboys win though! GO ROMO!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment