AFTER:
So, it doesn't look quite that glossy, it was satin spray paint but I had to use the flash so you could see it. Like my new pull? I love it and for less than $10 it is like I have a new piece of furniture.
Here is the spending breakdown:
gray primer spray paint and black spray paint...$6.78
nickel looking pull...$2.90
Seriously...doesn't it look like the furniture in the front at Hobby Lobby. I'm so proud of it! Now, if I can just get the rest of my furniture looking so good :).
So, it doesn't look quite that glossy, it was satin spray paint but I had to use the flash so you could see it. Like my new pull? I love it and for less than $10 it is like I have a new piece of furniture. Here is the spending breakdown:
gray primer spray paint and black spray paint...$6.78
nickel looking pull...$2.90
Seriously...doesn't it look like the furniture in the front at Hobby Lobby. I'm so proud of it! Now, if I can just get the rest of my furniture looking so good :).

15 comments:
You are creative!!! I would be scared to death to try something like that. You did a fabulous job and it does look very nice!! And what an inexpensive way to get new furniture.
It looks great!!! WAY TO GO!! :)
It looks fantastic! Straight out of the Pottery Barn catalogue. And the new knob really makes it. I love finding something already in my house to rehab. So economical!
Thanks for inviting me to visit. I'm looking forward to seeing your next project.
Wow! That looks amazing! Yeah for you! I think you've just inspired me! :)
wow that looks so great!
I love this. I think it is great to revamp something rather than just replace it. great job!
I love it but how did you keep it so uniform looking? If I did something like that I would have big blobs of paint where I held the paint in place too long. It looks great. Way to go!!!
for sure, you are a handy girl, it looks great!
well done!
Oh, that would look great in my house...can I have it? I did the same thing a year or so ago with my upstairs TV stand...previous microwave stand..had it for 15 years and it needed a new coat of paint..I did it in black then sanded it off in places to distress it. For $10, it looks fabulous! Doesn't it feel good to save money?
Great Job, Angela! I agree with Ericka...I don't think mine would look as smooth has yours does. I knew you were crafty, but this is just so cool. Thanks for sharing.
Hey, we are coming to Oil City to visit ya'lls church this Sunday! So, be looking for us!
Wow, great job, Angela! I have been thinking about taking all of the photo frames that I have and spray painting them black. Now I'm starting to think of lots of things around here that need to be painted. Question - where do you spray paint it, and how do you not get it on everything?
Laura, I just took it out in the yard. The only thing is really got on was me.
On keeping the finish smooth...I just did LOTS of thin coats.
Oh my 13 comments!? You are going to be binging on furniture re-decor now! "something, theres got to be something....what else can I use this paint on?...Hayden! Bring Mommy one of your toys, now! I must spray paint!" :)
Way to go! I love it! I am in love with spray-painting stuff, too! It's so cheap and so easy for this procrastinator to do! I even bought one of those trigger thingies that you put on the can so my finger doesn't go numb (as bad)! Can't wait to see what else you fix up!
I'm impressed!! You did a great job refurbishing that piece of furniture! I'm getting some ideas...
Post a Comment