Hayden had been asking a ton of questions and talking about it for a while. After me putting him off a few weeks ago while eating Sonic, thinking he was WAY to young to be doing this, he kept reminding me that it would be silly to ask Jesus into your heart while your eating Sonic. I, of course, felt horrible, because the Lord can move at any time so I apologized but still thought he was too young.
On Tuesday morning he began, once again, "Mommy, it would be silly to ask Jesus into your heart while eating Sonic," and that started our conversation. I told him about the time I accepted Jesus and how He changed me, about being a sinner and believing that Jesus is the son of God and asking for forgiveness of sin. Right then he wanted to pray to ask Jesus to come into his heart but I wanted Chad to talk with him and make 100% sure he understood all that he needed to know.
Chad came home for lunch that day and talked with him about 20-30 minutes making sure he was truly understanding everything. Hayden got on his knees and prayed the sweetest most sincerest prayer I've ever heard asking Jesus into his heart.
Right after he asked Jesus into his heart he came out of room and told Parker that he, too, was a sinner and needed to be saved. Of course, Parker didn't understand much of what Hayden was telling him but they got down on their knees and prayed anyway.
The next day Chad was talking to Hayden about baptism and explaining what he would say during his baptism (the perks of being the preachers kid) and kind of going through the motions. Hayden went on to pretend to baptize Parker saying, "I baptize you my little brother." It was so cute!
The next day Chad was talking to Hayden about baptism and explaining what he would say during his baptism (the perks of being the preachers kid) and kind of going through the motions. Hayden went on to pretend to baptize Parker saying, "I baptize you my little brother." It was so cute!Last night he was baptized...
Daddy and son
Getting into the water
A hug...

Being baptized...
Post baptism hug...
At the end of the service, Hayden got called up to the front to receive a Certificate of Baptism and his very own REAL bible. He has always had picture bibles but this is a real bible but for kids. It is kind of pirate looking on the outside with a lock. He was sooo excited!
After church we had our family come to our house and have cake and ice cream to celebrate.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
One of the ladies in our church, who happens to be Hayden's sunday school teacher, made him a cute little baptismal robe, that was just his size. This is Hayden and Parker sitting on the steps waiting patiently for church to start.
Getting into the water
After church we had our family come to our house and have cake and ice cream to celebrate.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
12 comments:
I'm so thrilled for your family! This put lumps in my throat and my eyes burn. The faith of little children are so precious. You did some amazing things to mark this HUGE event in his life.
Angela,
I LOVED seeing these pictures!!! What an exciting time and I'm so glad that you captured it all. Hayden is such a sweetheart and I'm so happy for him!!! :)
That is so sweet! I'm so happy for him. I loved seeing all the pictures! That is so special for Chad to get to baptize him. I'm sure it was very emotional.
WOW! This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing Hayden's sweet salvation story!
wonderful pictures that caught such as important moment of his life. Everytime that I see a child or a baby baptize I feel the emotion inside of me. It is really special momente for them, the parents and the God parents.
Congratulations, Hayden, for inviting Jesus into your heart! Angela, I am so happy for you and for your family. I totally cried as I read this post and looked at the pictures. I am always touched when anyone becomes saved, but when it is a child, it thrills me that they have come to know Him at such a young age. What a blessing! I need to go get a Kleenex now. :)
Priceless pictures! Good luck scrapping them. I still have Hannah's from 2 years ago...I just dont' know how to do them justice...they really dont' need anything but paper.
I'm so happy for Hayden and for you Angela! How sweet and especially special that his dad could baptize him. It's been a year ago since Jonathan asked Jesus into his heart and Seth is really starting to ask questions. Special times! Congrats!
This is so sweet, I'm sad I missed it, and lucky you, getting to be up there for such great pics...I'm so happy for you guys, this is THE best thing that could ever happen to our children.
congrats Hayden! I am sure you are so proud of him. That is wonderful news.
Hey Girl, I am finally back in blog land!! It looks like you all are having a great summer. As usual, your kiddos are adorable!! How exciting that your son became a Christian- I know it must be one of the happiest days for you!!
Post a Comment