Saturday, July 19, 2008

More rehabin'...

Okay, I must admit...I'm having fun with the spray paint but really can everything in my house be black? No, I know I must branch out and I will, eventually. Here is my latest spray paint project...

This chair with a gold cushion was found at a garage sale for $5. It was probably beautiful in the late 70's/early 80's and the "bones" were still good. It just needed a little makeover...
This chair goes perfectly in my dining room. I found the fabric at Walmart (yes, Walmart) and when I saw it I knew it would be perfect for this project. Oh, at $3.77 a yard, I found it even more appealing. With a little primer and satin spray paint this is what I've got now...
Another view...

Here's the spending breakdown:
garage sale chair...$5
black spray paint...$3.40 (used leftover gray primer)
material...$4.00

Total investment=$12.40

Next up...my outside swing. I'm thinking RED!

14 comments:

Candy said...

Wow, I love it!!! It looks great.

destiny said...

Oh my gosh!!! You go girl! After reading you last post and then looking at A Soft Place to Land...I have been searching for something to spray paint!!
I love your black white and red!!

Leigh Ann said...

You go girl! That looks amazing. I think you've found your newest talent!

canscrap4u2 said...

Yes, everything can be black, you've seen my house; I'm the black spray paint queen!

Kimba said...

It looks fantastic! I've seen those chairs at flea markets all the time and wondered how they would look painted. Now I know!

And I really need to check out the fabric at Wal-Mart. Thanks for the tip!

Betty said...

Wow! you impress me. It looks really nice!

Ericka said...

I love it. The fabric is great. Cant wait to see what you do next.

Jen said...

Love it Angela!! You are so creative! That fabric is gorgeous! Goodness now I wonder what I furniture I could rehab!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Angela! You did a good job. I think the black is great. It goes perfect in your dining room. So, what's next? I love how thrifty and crafty you are! Can't wait to see the next project!

Julie said...

I gasped out loud when I saw the new chair and felt weird! I LOVE the fabric!! It is beautiful and looks very nice in your dining room. Definitely show us the swing!!!

Anonymous said...

PS
I think you should definitely do the swing in RED. I love RED, it's my favorite color!

Michelle said...

Love it!

canscrap4u2 said...

This is going "green". sorta.

Sharron said...

Looks great!