Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New paint...

I have ALWAYS wanted a red room. When my friend, Jinnie, came over to see the house a few months ago she suggested painting the dining room red. I was all for it. Jinnie and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out a bunch of pretty stuff to go on the walls but then I was doing some contract work until mid-February and didn't have time to add anything to my to-do list. Finally, last week I painted and it is beautiful. The color is Red Bay from Sherwin-Williams and I don't know how it comes across in the photos but it is a deep red.

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTERBEFORE
AFTER

We also got the table on the side there. After looking all over for a side table (that was inexpensive...hello, as long as it holds photos and maybe a lamp, I'm good) I found it at good 'ole trusty Walmart. I plan on adding some other photos and a lamp or flowers and then I'll be done with this room. Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Candy said...

It looks so good, Angela! I want to see it in person soon. Let me know when we can come. I forgot what days you said would be good!

Michelle said...

I LOVE IT!!! What a change, my goodness! I bet you just keep walking in there for no reason at all just to walk through your red room :)

Betty said...

Angela it look a totally different room, much better, great job!
I love your crosses!

Martha said...

I love the RED! My dining room is red, too! ~Martha~

Sharron said...

Looks great! Is that a whole wall of cabinets in there? If it is, I bet you love the storage space.

Looks like you have a nice house :)

Angela said...

Yep, Sharon, it is a whole section of cabinets. It is so wonderful to have cabinet space!! Didn't have much at the old house.

destiny said...

I love it!! I've always wanted a red room, too!! It's so pretty. I love that iron wall hanging. The black looks great against the red. --good job!

Julie said...

The room is absoluttely beautiful!! I love the outcome. It looks very elegant. The red, the white cabinets, and then the woods just make the room pop! Very nice!

Chad H. Mills said...

Absolutely stunning, breath-taking, gorgeous...I wish I could eat in a dining room like that! Oh yeah, I do eat in that dining room! Life is goooood!

Jennifer said...

I love the red it is so pretty!

The Hickmans said...

Oh wow- vavoom!! I love it. :)

Regina said...

Ditto to everyone else saying how gorgeous it is. I never would have the courage for a color that bright & bold, but your courage paid off big time!

~ THERESA ~ said...

OH! What a surprise for our Church Family... They will love it! I have never seen the parsonage look soooo nice. Thanks for sharing your talents and making the parsonage so beautiful!

Laura said...

WOW!!! I love it. I have a red kitchen, but it's much more subdued than that. Maybe my next house will have a bold room like that! It looks beautiful!!

Kelly said...

LOVE the red room!

Jessica said...

I have that exact same wrought iron metal piece in my kitchen!! Hobby Lobby?

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I love it! I have RED pain in my closet to paint my kitchen real soon. My kitchen is Coca Cola themed. RED is my favorite color. I absolutely LOVE it!