
Wow! What can I say other than God is good! We are so excited about moving to Oil City and seeing what God has in store for us and the people of Oil City. Wait..wait, you want me to slow down, huh? I know some of you might be hearing about this for the first time so let me start from the beginning.
For about 6 months or so, Chad has felt like God was calling him to preach. For the past 15 months at a little church in Oil City, Louisiana members of the Pastor Search Committee have been meeting EVERY Wednesday night to look and pray over resumes to fill a much needed position. Through lots of prayers and events our resume ended up in the hands of that committee at First Baptist Church Oil City.
Within a few weeks of them having Chad's resume they wanted to hear a CD of his sermons so Chad mailed that to them. A week or so later we got the call that the committee wanted to hear Chad preach in person. That next Sunday Chad preached in Ida, Louisiana (a neutral location) for the congregation there and the Oil City Pastor Search Committee. For an hour after church, Chad and I met with the two men and three women who comprised the Pastor Search Committee and felt an immediate connection. We planned to pray that day and night and meet back together the next night at Red Lobster for dinner. They asked us tons of questions, we asked them tons of questions, we laughed, they laughed...it was just a great time with a group of people that we REALLY liked. That night they told us that they wanted Chad to come before the church in view of a call on October 7.
This past Saturday night we went for a Meet and Greet so we could get to know the members of the church and they could get to know us. Chad met with the deacons and then the members were able to ask us questions. Everyone was super nice and it felt so good. They made us feel like family. Sunday morning Chad preached and then at their Sunday evening services they had a special vote where Chad was voted unanimously to become the pastor of First Baptist Church Oil City.
So, I think you are all caught up now! This Sunday, October 14 will be our last Sunday at Eastwood and our first Sunday in Oil City will be October 21.
Bittersweet but I am trusting in God...I certainly don't want to end up in the belly of fish :).
3 comments:
Angela,
I'm really happy for your family, but also very sad because Eastwood is going to be so different without your faces there. You really were the first person I connected to when we joined Eastwood and I will never forget how welcome you made me feel. You got me involved in playgroup and PEP. You are going to be missed greatly, but I know that God has great things in store for ya'll in Oil City. You better not forget about us here though. :)
That's pretty funny...ending up in the belly of a fish.
We should all follow your lead so that none of us end up in the belly of a fish! NO FISH for me!!!!
Post a Comment