Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Home is where your STUFF is...

We are here, we are happy and we are MOSTLY unpacked! All we have left are those few boxes of stuff that we just are not 100% sure what to do with. We moved in last Tuesday with the help of Johnson's Moving (worth every penny!). They had us out of the old house in less than 2 hours and into the new house in less than an hour and a half. The kids stayed with DiGi and Granddad so we could get as much unpacked as possible and we got ALOT done.

With the help of a friend, Melissa, and her children, the boys rooms were completely unpacked within just a few hours of us moving in. They bought Kentucky Fried Chicken for us to eat that night and continued helping us unpack until we were too tired to unpack anymore.

Our church family has been so wonderful! They had our cabinets stocked with everything we use on a regular basis. Everything from deodorant to paper towels to bananas was in our cabinets! We have also had food delivered or bought for us many nights. It has been so helpful when there is so much you have to do!

So, here we are a week into our new house and I have already started painting. You know I love to paint! Girls, I might have lost my mind. The guest bathroom/boys bathroom is now lime green, yep, that is right, you heard me...Lime Green.

I found this great towel at Walmart that I thought would be fun for the kids bathroom. I wish I could show you a picture but am having trouble getting my picture up on blogger (anyone else?). Anyway, it is a fun towel with bright colors and one of the colors is lime green so that is what I spent my day doing. What did the kids do while I was painting? I knew you were thinking it. They played especially well today and it helped that Parker was "laid up" with a skinned knee and that Hayden felt sorry for him.

So, we are here and happy! I am thankful for the internet and us all having blogs so we can keep up with each other. I've got a few more blogs to post but will save them for another day.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Good to hear that everything is going nice and smooth. I did have problems posting a video fron us in my blog. I finally did right now
GO check it out

Laura said...

Hey, your bathroom looks great. I didn't tell you while I was there, but the toothbrush holder looks really cute, too. The towel needs to look more like the toothbrush holder! Thank you so much for letting us come over today. I can't wait to visit again (whether here or there)!

Autumn said...

Ok so I had to push the refresh button like six times to get your comment box to come up I don't know if that is connected to you not being able to put your pics up or not. I am very interested to see the lime green room that is so out of your norm. All I could think about was me and michelle trying to convince you to put a little color on your living room walls in the old house. I miss you and plan on making a trip up as soon as my Doc will allow! I am glad you have had lots of help, you have been a great friend to me as I am dealing with things.

destiny said...

I'm glad yall are settled in! Your new church family sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to come visit! The lime green bathroom sounds cool!! I'm so glad we can keep up with you thanks to the net. What a wonderful thing!!